Intercession vs. Rabbit Takes Revenge

Relevant abilities

Intercession
React Miracle 5, Boot: After an opposing dude becomes a stud, make one of your dudes a stud.

Rabbit Takes Revenge
Shootout Tao Technique: Choose an opposing dude. Make that dude a draw and this dude a stud. Those dudes cannot leave this shootout. If played as a combo, the opposing dude boots all their attached cards and must be chosen as the first casualty this round.

If my dude is affected by Rabbit Takes Revenge to be made a draw, and the kung fu dude becomes a stud, can I react with Intercession to make the dude a stud again. My uncertainty on this lies in the exact timing, since if the switch happens simultaneously, I don’t know if the react would work properly. Just want to avoid a dumb timing argument.

2 Likes

RT has seen and is discussing.

Thanks for the question!

The timing on this is as follows. The clause “Make that dude a draw and this dude a stud” occurs simultaneously, for your dude and your opponent’s dude. Intercession’s timing occurs after the opponent’s dude becomes a stud (which is also when your dude becomes a draw), which would enable you to make your dude a stud again.

2 Likes