Introduce Yourself

I’m David. I’ve been a tremendous fan of the Deadlands world for 15 or so years now. I used to play Classic, and played the RPG off and on whenever I could. When I played classic my bicycle Whately deck made everyone really unhappy. I got into Reloaded as soon as I saw it on the shelf!

I’m Justin. I play in a small but dedicated group of players in the Atlanta area. I’m new to this version of the game, but some of the other people in my playgroup played the old version of the game. Used to be a regular on Strange Assembly, where they still post occasional DT previews and articles.

I mostly play Law Dogs, especially deputy/government focused decks at the moment, but I’ve fiddled around with a little bit of everything.

1 Like

I’m Marty. I first came across Doomtown checking out AEG’s website. I thought the art and theme looked really interesting, but the amount of material I had to read through (Double Dealin’ had just been released) on the website was enough to scare me off.
Then I played a round with the learn to play decks at a games night. After that, I was obsessed with trying to figure out how the game worked, and wanted to digest everything I could find about it.

I quickly read through every piece of fiction and the rulebook online, and created a print and play version of the learn to play decks using the colour printer and laminator at work.
Now, I enjoy games on OCTGN and rare IRL games with the small playgroup where I live.
Keeping up with everything released and discussed is now a daily ritual I can’t go without.
Thank goodness for these forums!

3 Likes

I’m an old CCG player. I love Doomtown more than I love Netrunner. The only group that wants to play Doomtown are a bunch of old L5R players. I honestly never liked L5R. So now, I’m force to use a computer. Hope it works out.

1 Like

I’m Paul.
I started playing Doomtown near the beginning of the original game, and mostly played Law Dogs, I did start with Sweetrock but since we played big multiplayer games with how we assumed multiplayer shootouts would work (since there weren’t any multiplayer rules at the time…) and just let each other build until that shootout, I switched to someone who could shoot.

About 3 years ago I convinced someone to try the game, and we’d make decks with my collection and play games, I even got 4x Lynch Mobs from somewhere online even though I knew I wouldn’t get to use them much.
About 2 years ago I got one of my friends who used to play to occasionally bring a deck to the shop we play/buy games at, and we were regularly playing right up to the announcement of the release of Doomtown Reloaded.

Within a day of the announcement of Doomtown Reloaded I’d started a blog, which I still post to (I think the biggest gap has been 3 months!) and it sends new posts to a Facebook page I set up so I’m not spamming my friends who aren’t interested.

Doomtown was my first card game, although tried a lot of others since then, the one I was probably most invested in being Raw Deal

1 Like

Hi my name’s Karl and I have an addictive personality?

Guessing this ain’t the best introduction ever… Moving on :slight_smile:

I came across DT:R about 4 months ago but couldn’t get my head round it - but I then managed to get a game at a FLGS and managed to get help from ScottW (TYVM)

I’m loving the community, I’m loving the theme, I’m loving the game - it’s special!

Find me on OCTGN if you want a game …

1 Like

Was I supposed to do this? I’m Paul, and usually I post on forums where ‘introduction threads’ are a bad idea.

I’m a member of the Story Team and my favorite player faction is [REDACTED]. I’ve played plenty of other CCGs, including Netrunner, Magic, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and L5R. I love the Touhou Project probably more than is healthy and have already hidden multiple references to it in Doomtown.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is James and I have been playing since I could get my hands on the core set and NTNR. Love the game. I have liked the Deadlands universe for a while, but missed classic because no one in my play group at the time was interested. It was the one game I regretted not getting in to.

1 Like

okay - time to get all up and running on the New Gazette.

I am Richard Carter. Veteran of the old game. Three (or is it four?) time “harrowed champion” (from when that game was no longer being supported). I still have my cards for that version, and will be hosting the Classic Tournament at GenCon, come on by.

Yes, Carter’s Bounties is named for me (helps to know people on Story Team).

I’ve been full bore on Reloaded since it’s release, even being lucky enough to make top 8 in the Main Event at GenCon last year (before being knocked out by the eventual winner).

as to other dubious things about me. Formerly serious 7th sea player, Serious Spycraft Player, kind of a big mucky muck in the Warlord CCG world.

yep - that’s me

5 Likes

Glad to have you here, Rich.

Somehow I never posted on this one.

I am Laura Scott.

In a past life, I ran the story and coordinated qualifiers for Worlds events for another AEG game, Warlord, for the last year AEG ran the game (member of the team for a few years before then). Before that I was a rather decent player (2nd in the last Worlds while AEG had the game).

However, none of that matters much in Gomorra. To my shame, I never played Classic. It became a running joke with Carter that I’d learn any other game, but Doomtown.

… total fail on my part.

So, I’ve been making up for lost time with Reloaded… and a pair of six-shooters.

5 Likes

Hi guys !

From France (EU) !

We are a small group of fans who regularly plays DTR.

I’m old enough to have played Doomtown CCG too (and Deadlands RPG ^^)

If you have one day to come to the old world, don’t forget your deck of DTR, we know how to swim here and we have bullets for you :wink:

Cheers !

3 Likes

Hrmm. Must’ve missed this thread. Anyway, the name is AJ Valle (A to the J get it?). Some of you might know me from L5R. Won some stuff in that, but now that’s on hiatus, Doomtown is my main game.

I didn’t play the original CCG when it was still a thing. I actually learned this game while playtesting for it. Our group did playtesting on the R9E tie in for the movie Gamers 3. They were happy with the work we did for that so they invited us to try playtesting for DTR. Only 2 of our group had played the previous iteration of the game so the first week was actually learning the game. Once we got the nuances of the game, I fell in love with it and never looked back.

3 Likes

Oh why not, I’ll toss in on this too.

Been a looong time gaming veteran, since I was a wee high school nerd and some 16 or so years later I’m just your average adult geek.

Started out getting into Magic with friends. Was into Blue, being the color of magic, stereotypical wizards and whatnot. Our local hobby shop had some old L5R from when Wizards was running it so I found the old Kyuden Kitsune box and fell in love. My friends didn’t find it as engaging so I just collected it.

Got into it more properly just as Gold was coming out and got really excited for Ratlings, despite their promo only joke status at the time. I went by Kitsune Shiroi and was pretty active with the Ratling community.

Friends and I also discovered Deadlands, unfortunately right as it died. This did mean at least that product was plentiful and cheap, we actually lucked into Mouth of Hell starters at the hobby shop, snatched those up and got into the Collegium. Later found Elijah’s Flock and got to collecting the game. Part of the fun was hunting out some of the rarer sets, was really thrilled when I managed to score Do Unto Others.

So that kind of got me into checking out AEG’s other games. I ended up collecting Legend of the Burning Sands, disappointed to see how short lived it was (and I -loved- how diverse the factions were). Likewise it was fun hunting out the cards, particularly Awakening. Jazzed when I scored both the Celestial Alliance and Ra’Shari. I picked up 7th Sea too, I really liked the lore and the style and got attached to Gosse’s Gentlemen.

This led me into Warlord, being another AEG property, and it was pretty awesome what with the whole D&D setting and mechanics. I got into this during Campaign Edition and followed it til it died, moved to Phoenix Interactive, then lost interest about 3/4 of the way through that and it subsequently died again. I went by Elex on the Temple of Lore (and still do, in fact). Really liked the ragtag Free Kingdoms and a lot of the Mercenary warlords.

I also got into Spycraft, which was short lived, but that’s where my Agent White handle on the AEG forums came from. Banshee Net seemed pretty awesome

I still followed L5R for quite a while, then they axed the Rats at the end of Lotus and I lost the majority of my interest (plus I really hated Shadowlands becoming the ‘Spider Clan’ and everything shifted to ‘clan drama’ XP) I kept in touch a bit, following the game here and there without collecting, picking up the Forgotten Legacy set (which ended up being something of a disappointment since they really hyped the Naga ‘returning’ and then backpedaled with a weak ass ‘we never intended it to be a full return and they won’t actually be the major villains’)

After Warlord died I kind of got out of CCGs, got into trying MMOs. Jumped into WoW for a bit, tried EQ2, settled on City of Heroes. Then -it- died, so I got into WoW full time. Loved Mists of Pandaria. Been fairly lukewarm on Warlords of Draenor and have been on a hiatus til I get a new comp (coming soon!)

That’s round when I discovered Doomtown had revived as DTR and was absolutely thrilled. Was a little disappointed that they hadn’t brought back a lot of the original factions but I’ve really grown attached to the new gangs and really loving the Eagle Wardens.

So yeah, in short, long time AEG veteran. I recognize more than a few names from my past here :slight_smile: Glad to see folks still kicking.

5 Likes

Fear AJ’s slides!

1 Like

Hi!

I’m Ronnie (middle name is Andrew, so just call me Andy, or Ronnie to avoid any confusion).

I played the original DT back in it’s heyday, and it was my favorite CCG of all time.

I live in NC, looking for DTR groups to play with and against, so don’t be shy. After a poor showing by my local store and their distributor, my premium set was apparently eaten by a maze dragon, and I said “Ok, no DTR for me.” I still wound up with a single core set, and recently I’ve decided to just go ahead and collect it all, regardless if i play or not.

It is an absolute pleasure to meet you all, albeit online.

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Carl.

I live in Arizona and I quite enjoyed L5R (whenever finances allowed). I’ve recently moved on to Doomtown, what with the L5R selling/hiatus… and I always liked Deadlands: Reloaded anyway, so I figured I’d hop on the wagon. Hoping to find a group locally that fits my schedule.

4 Likes

HI, I’m Drew, from exit 36b in NJ.

I started another thread that had a bit of an intro, but now it’s official! I just came to Doomtown a couple of weeks ago. Prior to this, I have been getting back into table top RPGs as well - and once I have a second base set of DT:R, a couple of saddlebags, card sleeves and a play mat for me and the Missus, then I can look into Savage Worlds and Deadlands…

Outside of gaming, I play around as a Shriner clown and hope to win a player auction some day so that my hobo clown character can join the 4th Ring.

3 Likes

I’ve been around here for a year but never introduced myself. I’m Mark, known as Jay the Jester. I live in Fort Collins, CO. I played a bit of star wars ccg, than fell in love with 7th sea. My decks tend to be builders, with big potential, but I need to learn to put in more aggressive cards like shootout actions and cheatin’ resolutions.

I love game theory, and I occasionally build decks trying to break doomtown. Oddly, I hope earnestly never to succeed at that goal. Wouldn’t mind trying to help the dev team, if I knew I would have the time.

2 Likes

Every time you post one of your bonkers decks it helps :laughing:

2 Likes