Jade King Stance and Rabbit's Lunar Leap

Jade King Stance:

Noon Technique: Unboot this dude. They gain +2 Kung Fu, +2 bullets, and cannot move from this location.

Rabbit’s Lunar Leap

Shootout Tao Technique: If successful, move this dude into your posse. You may unboot this dude. Combo if your posse does not have more dudes than the opposing posse.

If I have a dude in Jade King Stance at the location of a shootout, but not in the posse, I can still have that dude join with Rabbit’s Lunar Leap, right?

And a followup, regarding El Armadillo De Hierro:

While in a shootout, El Armadillo has +1 bullets for each Technique successfully performed at his location during the shootout, or that moved him into a posse.

Assuming this works, if El Armadillo De Hierro is already in my posse, would the Lunar Leap trigger his trait?

Hello. I’m waiting for the grown-up Rules Tyrants to confirm, but-

From the Rules Compendium-
Some card effects may instruct you to “move one of your dudes into your posse.” This phrasing is shorthand for the following: “Choose one of your dudes. This dude joins your posse, moving if necessary.” It is key to remember that a posse is not considered to be a location for the purposes of resolving card effects that reference locations.

A dude at the shootout’s location who is in Jade King Stance can join via card effect as they don’t actually move.

El Armadillo won’t be able to Rabbit’s Lunar Leap if he’s already in your posse, as he can’t pay the cost in the first sentence (If successful, move this dude into your posse), so his trait won’t trigger.

1 Like

For El Armadillo, I meant if another dude (the Jade King Stance one) used Lunar Leap to join, would it trigger his trait (being a technique performed at his location)

Sorry, yes.

El Armadillo’s trait would trigger if a dude not in his posse, but in his location, used Rabbit’s Lunar Leap to join.

1 Like