Jade King Stance movement question

So the recently spoiled Jade King Stance is a non-Tao technique that reads:

Noon Technique: Unboot this dude. They gain +2 Kung Fu, +2 bullets, and cannot move from this location.

Its that last part that raises some questions. How does “cannot move from this location” affect refusing a shootout, fleeing a shootout, and going home booted after a successful job? (note that I assume these actions are being done while away from home)

I guess I am looking for answers to 3 seperate scenarios, so:

1. If a dude under the effects of Jade King Stance is called out while away from home, can he refuse the call out or is he forced into it because he cannot “refuse the call out by moving home booted”? (Quote from 5.3.2 of the rulebook under “Callin’ Out”)
  2. Can a dude under the effects of Jade King Stance ever flee a shootout during “Step 6: Run or Gun” if the shootout is away from home?
  3. If a Jade King Stance-ing dude joins a posse for a job that is marking his location (lets say town square for now), and that job is successful, what does the Jade King Stance-ing dude do when the rest of his posse follows "regardless of the outcome, survivors in the leader’s posse go home booted"? (Quote from Step 5: Is the Job Done?)
1 Like

Jade King Stance prevents all movement, so-

1. The dude cannot refuse the callout (they may be able to refuse the callout via some other effect, but cannot usual the usual run away home method)…
  2. The dude cannot flee from a shootout outside their home.
  3. The dude will remain at the marked location, and you’ll do as much as possible to fulfill the job rules (ie, boot the dude).

I’ll confirm this with the Rules Tyrants later, but many are currently occupied.

1 Like

@forkbanger has the right of it :slight_smile: