Jankiest DTR deck- CONTEST!

Back on topic… THIS is a janky Lilybomb :slight_smile:

1 Like

Link’s not clicking through.

should be fixed

This has led to me finally making a deck around Richard Slavin and his Box of Tricks!

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to write this one up for a while, the contest was the motivation I needed to actually do it: Desolation Row Miracles. Give Felix Confession, then manipulate the bounty on your dudes safely from home. You can get a nice little economic engine going with several Confessions + Milt Clemons, but I haven’t been able to figure out an endgame to actually win.

2 Likes

Trying to imagine what must be going through someone’s head if they don’t post here,

“Hmm, I have a Sheriff event this weekend, I’ll just pop on the DTDB and see what people are currently building… what the hell is this shite?”

5 Likes

They should build one and play it! Nothing better than laying out your starting dudes and seeing the look of bepuzzlement on your opponent’s face as they try to figure out what the hell your deck does.

(Well, I guess winning with your silly deck is better. It does happen, sometimes…)

3 Likes

One last submission if I may. No, I have no idea if this deck works, but I want it to so badly. Swinford finds trouble + kidnappin + 19 cheap dudes with no upkeep, this deck can only get better with each set that comes out, right… right?
The deck that should never have been made
I had to work in some bullet altering shootout actions in case your opponent is packing dudes with bullet rating 2 or more against you.

Ok my deck:

http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/1416/undertake-that-

Tressure and NTB triggers Undertaker. So I put extra dudes into deck and use 3 undertaker. Deck wants to shootout a lot, even if you’ re not going to win every shootout, this not about quality of them but about number. And even if you lose you just gain extra ghost rocks from Undertaker(but try not to lose dudes with influence early). Soul cages allows you to recure dudes later. This deck has tones of money and show really good results.

Ok, I’ll lock it at this point - lots to ponder here - thanks all for raising, er lowering the bar :smiley:

Oh, dear Lordy, you people are insane - lots of jank here, but both my two faves come from Doomdog:

“Explosive Dr. Gillman” and for the match of theme, implementation, and jank “Who you gonna call”

So come on down, Doomdog and claim yer token. Everyone else, thanks for playing and for our studio audience, enjoy the jank :smiley:

1 Like

:open_mouth: :smile:

Thanks!

There have been a lot of cool and interesting ideas posted in this thread, it’s been a good read.

You know what we need right? DTDB needs a “jank” filter like the tournament one - then we need to run an event and you can only enter decks flagged as “never gonna work”

3 Likes

I have been toying with the idea of doing that for a while… I need to get more events sorted!

@davido4015 Check your messages, you’ll find my address.

Love all the deck ideas… so many ways to get creative! :smiley:

1 Like

I swear to god we were talking after our sheriff event and some guy said “there is this new thing called Lilybomb…”.

6 Likes

lol - official motto - “Die trying is what we do best” - I’ll bug Alex about filter/tag/subsection.

1 Like

I have been playing lillybomb for a while, each set changes it just a little. Used to run Ramiro for a shred of protection. I decided on a DMH draw structure, since it offers soulblast, paralysis mark, and forget for spells, and kevin and tyx for huckster. The ace and 8 value dudes are cheap, offer good one turn influence and fighting support, and the hired guns can pull them turn after turn.
It doesn’t keep many duded out though.
My main problem is with D&D that can build faster than me. I used to run It’s who you know to callout with 5 stud, but they always refused, will probably go back into it.
Another note, if you’re in a shootout that lilly wants to get out of and go home, she can safely soulblast herself to get out (except if it’s a job you don’t want to lose).

2 Likes