Mischievous Coyote + Jasper Stone

Mischievous Coyote
Shootout Spirit 9, Boot: Switch your total stud bonus and total draw bonus when making draw hands this round. You must have at least 1 non-token stud dude and 1 non-token draw dude in your posse to use this ability.

Jasper Stone
Except at home, only your shooter contributes to your draw hand bonuses.
React, Boot: After posses are formed, choose a dude in the opposing posse. Your shooter has +2 bullets while opposing that dude, and while your posse has a non-token dude. If that opposing dude is aced, give your declared shooter a permanent control point and permanent +1 bullets.

Let’s say I form a posse with a 2-draw dude, a 1-draw dude, and a 0-stud dude, and react using Stone to choose a dude who remains in the opposing posse throughout. If I cast Coyote and choose the 2-draw dude as my shooter, what is my poker draw?

Cheers!

1 Like

Seen and under review by Rules Team.

Hello.

In this shootout you’ll have-
2-draw dude.
1-draw dude.
1-stud stud.

If you’re not at home and use Stone’s ability, cast Mischievous Coyote, and the Stone’s target is still in the shootout, your options are-
a) 2-draw dude becomes 4-draw (Stone benefit), nobody else contributes bullets (Stone drawback), giving you a 4-draw bonus. Mischievous Coyote swaps that to a 4-stud bonus.
b) 1-draw dude becomes 3-draw (Stone benefit), nobody else contributes bullets (Stone drawback), giving you a 3-draw bonus. Mischievous Coyote swaps that to a 3-stud bonus.
c) 1-stud dude becomes 3-stud (Stone benefit), nobody else contributes bullets (Stone drawback), giving you a 3-stud bonus. Mischievous Coyote swaps that to a 3-draw bonus.

One of these is better than the others.

4 Likes