Monte Bank and Wang Men Wu's token dude

I’m not sure if this should be a rules question or strategy. However, I have a question about a couple of cards that have effects that seem almost useless. The first is Monte Bank. Okay, I get that it can turn some of your dudes into grifters for card effects, such as Den of Thieves. However, it costs 0 for a grifter, and basically just gives it a keyword that it already has. Is there any conceivable reason you’d give Monte Bank to a grifter? Why not just say that it can’t be attached to a grifter? The other is Wang Men Wu. He brings in a 2 stud bounty hunter, but who then disappears before the fight actually starts. I get that he’d be useful for cards like Raven, or some shootout cards that are impacted by your bullet score, or who you can use powers from. However, is this the token’s only use, or am I missing something?

Monte Bank provides +1 production, which is why you would want to attach it to a Grifter for free.

Wang Men Wu ability is to help fuel the Rabbit Fu tricks.

Ah, I didn’t even notice the +1 on monte bank.
About Wang Men Wu, I guess that’s my point. The card specifically says that token dudes do not count for combo requirements, so I don’t know what else they would count for.

Apologies I should have clarified, there are situations in which your posse empties out and therefore ends the shootout before techniques can continue. Admittedly he ended up being one of the weaker cards in the set but there was some good intent behind the design.

Ah, gotcha! Yeah, that makes sense. I imagine it’d be quite rare to be in that situation and still have the ability to continue the shootout unless you had cards that let you return. But I agree, it is a nice intent!

1 Like