Multi-player (Q1) - Definition of "your" when collaborating

In anticipation of “Partners for a Day”:

What is the definition of “your posse” or “your dudes” in a friendly game of multi-player when two players collaborate for a shootout?

I think the “dudes” one is pretty straight-forward: dudes you control.

But, who “controls” the posse? Just the leader? Or both players collaborating?

Specific example: Outgunned

“Resolution: If your posse has a higher total bullet rating than the opposing posse, boot your shooter to increase your hand rank by two.”

If I am not the leader, but sent a dude or two into the shootout, can I play this card? Only if my dude is the shooter?

Cheers.

Seen and under review by rules team.

Glad to see continued interest in Multi-Player Doomtown: Reloaded!
The multi-player rules never made it into the updated v1.2 rules.
Therefore, until further notice the original AEG rules for multi-player remain in effect. From those rules (forgive the garbled copy/paste - it’s page 31 at the back of the original AEG rules booklet):

The dude’s controller can use Shootout abilities when it is that player’s turn to use an ability. A third-party dude’s bullet rating contributes to the bullet rating of the posse’s shooter, and the dude can even be selected as the shooter if the leader or mark (whichever is controlling that posse) desires.
Even if a third-party dude is selected as a shooter, that player doesn’t get to draw their own draw hand e leader or mark uses their deck for the draw hand, draws the hand itself, and decides the posse’s casualties, no matter who is in the posse or acting as the shooter Yes, this means that a posse’s controller can ace a bunch of third-party dudes to cover casualties, although that player cannot cover more casualties than required (e g , that player cannot ace a third-party dude to cover one casualty)
At the end of a round, third-party players are the rst to decide whether their dudes (only) will ee the shootout; the loser’s allies decide rst, then the winner’s allies After those decisions have been made, the loser is next to choose whether or not to flee.

→ So yes, I’d say you could play Outgunned as it is an ability that occurs during the resolution phase (ditto Cheatin’ Resolutions, etc.)

1 Like

Two follow-up questions.

Casualties
Is it:
“At the end of the round, third-party players are the first to decide whether their dudes (only) will flee the shootout; the loser’s allies decide first, followed by the winner’s allies. After those decisions have been made, the loser is next to choose whether or not to flee, followed by the winner.”
?

Assuming so (third-party loser/winner, then primary loser/winner), what is the order if there are third-party dudes controlled by two or more different players? Lowball?

Cheatin’ Resolutions
Several cheatin’ resolutions talk about “if your hand is legal…” - is it safe to assume that “your” hand is the one revealed by the posse you have your third-party dudes in?

Looking forward to large games!

Excellent followup questions.

1. The original rules did not cover nuances of multiplayer. However, ‘starting with the Winner (of Lowball) and going clockwise’ is a valid precedent.
    Ruling for multiplayer - Start with Winner (of Lowball) and go clockwise among the loser’s allies. Then start with the Winner and go clockwise among the winner (of the shootout) allies. Note that Winner of Lowball is a starting frame of reference - the Winner may not even be involved in the shootout at all!

2.Cheatin’ Resolutions - yes, ‘your hand’ refers to the actual revealed and played draw hand for the posse that includes your third party dudes.

1 Like

answered in full here: