The Gomorra Gazzette League is finally over, two months after it started. It was played strictly with pre-F&F cards, and the meta has gone through some substantial changes over that period. I believe it is time for us to start preparing for Season 2! Post your suggestions here on how to attract more participants, reduce the timeframe of the league, and overall improve the players' experience. My thoughts are:
1) Be aware that there's a Guide to playing Doomtown on Octgn, it should make it easier for offline players to familiarize with the online interface.
2) I personally liked the format where you can make a new deck for every match, within the same faction. Although since the league started, four new outfits have been released, so should we limit players to one faction or one outfit?
3) One round per week is okay when it's a full round with 4-8 pairs playing, but when it's just one game over a whole week it feels very slow. By the end of the league I had a feeling that most people had forgotten it was still going.
4) I think we should allow cards from new expansions to be used in decks as soon as they are on octgn (or with the start of the next round). It felt quite awkward play[test]ng EDS-only decks while Frontier Justice was around.
5) It would be cool if the winner's prize had something to do with the world of Doomtown. Like, if he made a cameo in one of the previews (i'm looking at you Alexis Mirges!)
What do you guys think? Are you eager to participate in the next League?