No Turning Back and Harrowed Dudes

Can I ace a Harrowed dude to one of the abilities on No Turning Back, discard the Harrowed dude instead of sending to Boot Hill due to the game rules, but still get the full resolution of the No Turning Back ability?

Page 4 of the Rules compendium covers this point.

Harrowed
When a dude with the Harrowed keyword is involved in a shootout, that dude can absorb more
casualties than a normal dude. You can send a Harrowed dude home booted to cover one of the
casualties you take in a shootout. Discarding a Harrowed dude covers two casualties, and acing a
Harrowed dude covers three casualties.
If a Harrowed dude in play gets aced by a card effect (but not through being aced to cover
casualties in a shootout), discard that dude instead of acing them

That’s what I meant by “discard the Harrowed dude instead of sending to Boot Hill due to the game rules.” I was wondering about the phrase “instead of acing them.”

Since “acing” the dude is part of the requirement and the dude is discarded “instead of” acing. Does it not matter whether the dude is successfully aced since you tried to ace them to fulfill the requirement?

The dude has been aced as far as meeting the cost at this point. If this changes we will update the community as part of any new rule changes.

2 Likes