Noob Question

During “Takin’ Yer Lumps” at the very end it says the winner takes any remaining casualties. So if I win a shoot out with a straight flush and my opponent only drew a high card. His one guy gets aced but possibly Iose my entire posse as well? I just want to make sure I was reading this correctly.

You don’t take any casualties that spill over from your opponent’s. They assign as many as they can to their posse and any remainder is ignored. In the case of a tied hand, both posses take a casualty, so the winner would also have to resolve a casualty after their opponent. There are also cards that can increase the casualties taken by one or both sides, so this would also apply there.

Hello.

Were you using the most recent version of the rulebook?

We like trying to make things clear.

I had found one of the wooden limited edition box sets at my FLGS, was looking at the rules in there. At the end it mentioned taking any excess wounds and it made me scratch my head like “Really if I win big I lose big?”

1 Like

Ah, the rulebook has seen some rewriting (for reasons like this).

Take Yer Lumps now has the hopefully clearer-

Starting with the loser of the round (or the leader if there was no loser), each player must ace or
discard enough dudes in their posse to match their casualties. They must match the exact number
of casualties if able—they may not voluntarily take more or less casualties than required.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you! Was really hoping that shootouts weren’t that deadly for the winner.

2 Likes