Original Doomtown Stories

For those who are interested in the lore of Doomtown, before the reload, you might want to be checking out the great fiction we have from Classic. In what feels like ages ago, I sat down and organized the available fiction online into chronological order and put it at Gerry’s forum.

Check it out!

8 Likes

As I mentioned at that site, I have a similar list, that actually includes a number of additional pieces. While I don’t have time to link it up right now, I can at least post it here.

Please note that there are a number of pieces that cannot be found at the Gamesmeister page. Some can be found at the old Whateley Family Bible site (which AMAZINGLY is still up and even includes a couple of fan pieces by our own Design Mad Scientist). Others used to be found at Steve Crow’s personal site, but that has since gone down.

I actually possess the texts of ALL of these pieces (and more … teehee) and just need to find a good way to get them posted.

The Big Setup
Opening Fiction - Episodes 1-3
Just Another Fish Story
Opening Fiction - Episode 4
Ill Met By Moonlight
Opening Fiction - Episode 5
Corky’s Day at the Office
Sam’s Little Secret (Bustamante piece … proper placement unknown)
Opening Fiction - Episode 6
Jane’s Vacation (Bustamante piece … proper placement unknown)
Opening Fiction - Episode 7
An Argument Over Nothing in Particular
Opening Salvo
Opening Fiction - Episode 8
A New Kind of Order
Traitors
Opening Fiction - Episode 9
Pine Box Starters
Opening Fiction - Mouth of Hell
Street Justice (by Rob Vaux … not found online at this time)
Turn of the Cards
An Open Mind
A Feasibility Study
The Envy of All the Girls
Mouth of Hell/Interlude #1
The Fightin’ Life of Arizona Jane
A Game of Pool (by Steve Crow … not found online at this time)
Finder’s Keepers
Work-Related Stress
Special Delivery
An Orphan’s Christmas
Last Dance Before an Execution (by Steve Crow … not found online at this time)
Friends and Promises
A Light Snack (by Rob Vaux … not found online at this time)
Alamo Redux
A Snowball From Hell
How to Get Ahead in Gomorra Without Really Trying
Separations of Church and Soul
Sideshows, Gomorra, and Other Freak Attractions
Executioner’s Regrets
A Friendly Game of Poker
Dangerous Game
Tempest
Final Assault
Negotiations
The McCrackens’ Last Stand (by Steve Crow … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
Bookworm
Opening Fiction - A Reaping of Souls
Kingdom Come Quotes
Full Circle
Final Justice
Opening Fiction - Revelations
A Wilderness of Tigers
Ticket to Ride
Ignis et Sanguis
Two Perfect Men
Partners
Harrowed Be Thy Name
A Fresh Perspective (Boot Hill)
Ashlar’s Journal
Grim Tidings
Law and Order
The Blue and the Yella
Lovers’ Quarrel (by John Goodrich … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
Opening Fiction - Ashes to Ashes (Time to Move On)
Showdown
Fool’s Paradise
Faceoff
Distant Shores
Founder’s Day Massacre: Eye of the Storm
The Devil’s Own
Stranger and Stranger
HoFi’s Secret Stash
Spit and Polish
Protection Racket Part 1
Opening Fiction - Eye for an Eye (A Moment of Silence) (by Patrick Kapera … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
The Jackal and the Lamb (by Frank Bustamante … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
Second Wind - A Night in the Life
Phantoms
Gulgoleth - Reports From the Field
The Doom That Came to Gulgoleth - Part One
The Doom That Came to Gulgoleth - Part Two
The Doom That Came to Gulgoleth - Part Three
Opening Fiction - Do Unto Others (by Steve Crow … not found online at this time)
Deadman’s Standoff (by Steve Crow … not found online at this time)
Childe Nicodemus to the Dark Tower Came (by John Goodrich … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
Justice Reborn (by Steve Crow … not found online at this time)
Myth and Memory (by John Goodrich … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
Founder’s Day Massacre: Descent (by Patrick Kapera … not found online at this time)
Strange Bedfellows Telegraphs (by Patrick Kapera … not found online at this time)
Strange Bedfellows (by Patrick Kapera … not found online at this time)
Spirit Harvest (by Patrick Kapera … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
Bloody Relations (by John Goodrich … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
No News From Gomorra (by John Goodrich … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)
Eulogy (by B.D. Flory … can be found at the Whateley Family Bible)

NOTE: Frank Bustamante is regarded as an official Doomtown writer. However, his pieces do not seem to match other official game material, so their placement or consideration in the official story is hard to swallow. I have included them in my list though because of his role with the original Story Team.

2 Likes

I know this is a really old topic… did these things ever get posted somewhere? I just finished reading through all the DTR fiction and want to read the original stuff now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The link at the top has most of the classic fiction, beyond a few pieces that Balder notes in his post above. :slight_smile: Plenty to work through if you’ve just finished the Reloaded pieces!

1 Like

So I’ve read through all of the available stories now, which is awesome! I did find it a bit cumbersome to read through forum posts and flip back to the Whateley Family Bible and back and forth, so I took it upon myself (with a healthy dose of inspiration from doomtownarchives.wordpress.com) to compile all of the available stories in to a single website at doomtownclassicarchives.wordpress.com

I compiled the stories in to a timeline that seemed to make the most sense based both upon db0’s list at the gamesmeister site and @Balder’s list. I cleaned up formatting and did some basic editing on typo’s and the like. Hopefully somebody besides myself will find it a useful resource.

@Balder if you are able to provide me the text of the stories you have that are not on the site (email, mail me printed copies, whatever) I’d be happy to clean them up and get them posted to the site to make them available to everyone.

7 Likes

Cool! I’ll have to read through these again at some point.

Amazing work!

@Balder was kind enough to send me all of the official Classic fiction pieces and I was able to add the ones that were previously unavailable online to the Doomtown Classic Archives website. Enjoy!

7 Likes