Pinned Down and a dude with sidekick

I just noticed that part of the ruling in the compedium is slightly changed compared to original (AEG) ruling.
From compedium:
The required number of casualties are chosen and then each is resolved, so a Sidekick
attached to a Pinned Down dude may still be used. If the dude is the only casualty, the
Sidekick goes when they go.

Casualties are resolved one by one, so the side kick or sidekicks attached to a dude would never cover casualties as “pinned down” dude is the first casualty. So my question is, isn’t that ruling against fairly covering casualties rule as casualties are assigned to sidekicks, but never resolved?

1 Like

Hello.

Casualties are chosen first, and then resolved.

➢ The loser of the round first chooses all their dudes that will become casualties and what will happen to them. After nominating all their casualties, each casualty is resolved one at a time. Reactions to the loser taking casualties (Takin’ Ya With me, Hot Lead Flying) are played after the loser finishes.
➢ When the loser has resolved their casualties, the winner of the round then chooses theirs
and resolves them in the same way.

You have allocated adequate casualties, satisfying the requirement to ‘fairly’ take all of your losses.

1 Like