[Portland, OR] Beers and Bullets Night at The Lucky Lab 4/6

Gunslingers,

The Red Castle Gang is holding its very first “Beers and Bullets” night in April.

Our posse of No-Good Outlaws has marked The Lucky Lab Saloon on Hawthorne, and we’re “doing the job” on Wednesday, April 6th from 7-10 PM.

We’re also callin’ out all you other Doomtown players in Portland. Have you got the nerves to stop us? If you drink beer (or sarsaparilla) and know how to play poker, then you’ve got the right stuff.

What’s this Beers and Bullets night all about, you ask?

1. I’m buying a pint for the first 5 players to show up. So it’s about free beer. And free beer is always good.

2. I’ve heard rumors there’s another outfit in town that plays on Friday nights at Guardian Games. They say Gomorra is a strange place, but can this be true?

3. If the leader of the Guardian Games Crew brings more shooters than I do to The Lucky Lab on April 6th, I’ll buy their leader a beer (and maybe give 'em a Doomtown-related prize).

Mostly, this is just an excuse to gather up all the local Doomtown players in one place, drink some beers, play some cards and get to know each other. If that sounds like a good time to you, then please join us.

See you on the 6th!

Matt

1 Like

I am looking forward to this Matt so is the rest of the Guardian games gang . let’s make this a big as possible let me know what you need to make it happen!

Glad to hear it, Will! If people like this enough, we can make it a semi-regular event. Perhaps once a month or every other month, each time marking a new saloon in town? It would be like a joint Doomtown meet-up/extended pub crawl. Games and beer, you can’t get much more Portland than that.

As for having a big turnout, I’m buying the first 5 beers so hopefully that helps. I’ll also check to see if I have anything in my Doomtown goodie bag to entice more players to join us on the 6th. Stay tuned.

Well I will buy five pints as well !

as of now I have six people for sure showing up and a few maybes

Looks like the Guardian Games Grifters are coming out in force! I don’t know if we’ll be able to match those numbers, but the Red Castle Gang should come close. Either, it will be a good amount of Portland Doomtowners in one place.

To sweeten the pot for any maybes out there, I’m also giving away a new Deck Tin and 4 copies of the promo A Fight They’ll Never Forget. In true Doomtown fashion, we may even play some quick Blackjack to see who wins 'em.

Note that minors are allowed at The Lucky Lab until 10 PM, so you don’t have to be 21 or over to attend this event. Come on out and enjoy a tasty sarsaparilla on us!

Looks like I have more good news about this event - Roku-Mart is adding prizes to our Beers and Bullets night!

Frank, at Roku-Mart, is awarding 10% discount coupons to a few lucky players who come out to The Lucky Lab tomorrow. Here’s how it works:

For every 5 people who attend (rounded up), he’ll add 1 coupon to our prize pool with a guarantee of 2 coupons no matter how many people show up. For example, if we have 12 players, he’ll give away 3 coupons.

What can you get at Roku-Mart?

Besides Doomtown singles, they also carry promo cards, jokers, outfit cards, playmats and other hard-to-find goodies.

To recap, we’ve got free beer, promos and now discounts on Doomtown singles and accessories. It’s gonna be a good night at the Lab so if you know someone who might be interested in giving Doomtown a try, or a friend who just likes to hang out, drink beer and play poker, bring 'em with you!