Promo card size issue

I don’t know if anyone else had noticed this or if it’s just my cards, but the promos I got today made for the epitaph series (full bleed Ivor, Undertaker, and Slim) are all cut slightly larger than the previous cards. This is an issue for two reasons: 1. I cannot fit them in inner sleeves for double sleeving. (I double sleeve because I have young kids and spills happen and I prefer a thicker card feel). 2. The cards are identifiable by feel, even when sleeved. Since they are larger you can feel the cards that are the new printing and it creates the effect of a Svengali deck for the new cards. So yeah, not sure how to deal with this or even if these cards are tournament legal since they are essentially all “marked”.

2 Likes

Yeah we’re aware - the gencon batch is coming from elsewhere - should be an improvement. These are still considered legal unless a local TO decides otherwise.

3 Likes

Considering sleeves are mandatory, I dont see this as a huge issue. I know it affects shuffling, but they were nice cards!

If you’re very accurate, I might suggest trying a paper cutter or some devive to cut them down, but that could have unexpected results.

3 Likes

I actually cut a couple down last night. Results were actually good and the cards are down to the original size, though the corners aren’t exactly the same. It’ll do for now.

5 Likes

Seems to fit ok with Dragon Shield Sleeves…

They fit in outer sleeves, but not inner sleeves like pro fits or perfect fits.

aah, yeah, I noticed, and completely forgot to mention something after our tournament.

Glad this seems to be a one time issue!