Rabbit Takes Revenge vs. Lay on Hands Interaction

This question involves an interesting interaction I experienced tonight with RTR and LoH, though other cards like Remedy and/or Nightmare Realm may also be affected by a ruling here.

RTR:
Shootout Tao Technique: Choose an opposing dude. Make that dude a draw and this dude a stud. Those dudes cannot leave this shootout. If played as a combo, the opposing dude boots all their attached cards and must be chosen as the first casualty this round.

LoH:
React Miracle 8, Boot: When another dude at this or an adjacent location is being discarded as a casualty, or aced (at any time), boot this Blessed. Send that dude home booted instead. That dude will not unboot during the Sundown phase at the end of this turn.

Basically, RTR’s text states that my dude and my opponent’s dude cannot leave the shootout. If I ace my opponent (whether through casualties or an ability like Shotgun or Legendary Holster), can that dude be saved by LoH? LoH states that the dude is sent home booted INSTEAD of being aced, so I would assume that it couldn’t be used, since that dude cannot leave the shootout.

Seen and under review by RT!

You are correct in your understanding of Lay on Hands in this scenario: the requirement clause cannot be met , therefore the dude is aced