Raven (Legend Card)

Apologies for the Manitous messing with our servers yesterday. This spoiler made it to Facebook, but not our forums. Enjoy!

One more Servitor to go…

5 Likes

“Win a shootout” = Does this ability kick in between the loser’s and winner’s decisions to Run or Gun?

As ever, a reminder that I’m not a rules team member and questions can be addressed to them directly with a rules question thread if necessary. :slight_smile:

In the spirit of helping out without overstepping my boundaries, here’s what the rulebook says - winning a shootout is about having the remaining posse at step 7 (after step 6, Run or Gun), this is distinct from winning an individual round. To my reading, there can’t be a shootout winner until Step 7, as that is the step that defines the winner. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood the question.

“Step 7. Chamber Another Round
Both players discard their draw hands. If only one posse remains, that player wins the shootout. If both posses have been emptied of dudes, neither player wins the shootout. If both posses still have at least one dude each, go back to Step 1 to start the next shootout round.”

3 Likes

@Harlath has the right of it, it’s when you’re in step 7 (chamber another round), and after both players have discarded their draw hands. So if you manage to clear out the other posse, you win the shootout and now get to give one of your dudes (that doesn’t already have the bonus) there permanently +1 bullets.

But If there’s still other dudes in the posse, you haven’t yet won the shootout, or if you fled you definitely did not win the shootout :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation @motosenn.

My post should in no way be considered an application to join the rules team. :wink:

1 Like