Reckoner Article #3: Grim Servant O' Death

For many, he was the first introduction into the Weird West. We present the iconic Deadlands villain, Stone!

http://pineboxentertainment.com/2017/08/03/week-of-the-reckoning-grim-servant-o-death/

7 Likes

A fine article, not just for the strategy tips but a useful reminder of when exactly Stone’s bullet bonus kicks in. The link below is one of the first things I check to remind myself of when various things happen during a Shootout: Turn Structure · DoomtownDB.

I think I lean towards Grimme for competitive play, but I like the flavour behind Stone and look forward to making some decks where I see how many permanent CP/bullet tokens I can gain.

I found he worked well with Bounty Hunters despite the clause requiring you to add a non-token dude to trigger the bullet bonus. If you’ve got a cheap dude without influence you can throw them and a Bounty Hunter at your opponent and have a 4-stud with little at risk beyond the 2GR and card you’ve used on the Bounty Hunter.

1 Like

That’s a little unfair you haven’t had hellstromme article yet.

1 Like

I look forward to being convinced of the wonders of Modern Science and can think of few people better to do so than the player who piloted a gadget deck to 2nd place at the Euros. :wink: