Recruit a Drifter

Hello everyone
Sort of in the vein of ‘experience a dude’.

Say you get a choice of one drifter to experience and have him join a faction. Who is it and which faction would you have 'em hook up with?

Personally after the dust up between Sloane and Law Dogs, I see Olivia Jenks helping out her husband more.

How bout you guys?
Thanks.

4 Likes

Great thread idea, here’s what comes to mind for me:

• Seconding your excellent Olivia Jenks suggestion.
  • An experienced Quaterman to fit Drew Beauman’s move to evil (storyline tournament result), albeit I’m not sure wich of switching to LD or Fear Mongers/4R would make sense. That said, likely to be 0 influence so doesn’t massively matter which factions this dude was part of, and if it was Mystical there are even some Fear Mongers/4R dudes that can invent it.
  • John “Aces” Radcliffe joining Outlaws/Sloane - more mechanics/play driven than narrative, as I’ve played him a lot in Desolation Row.
  • J.W. Byrne to Entrepreneurs/Morgan for similar mechanical reasons - shows up a lots in these decks.
2 Likes

Id love Steele Archer to play a bigger role in the Scheme of things. He culd join both Outlaws, Fearmongers and Law Dogs in my book - but perhaps leading a band of scoundreels is where I would put him.

2 Likes

I think El Grajo would make a good Anarchist.

Aren’t Olivia and Wylie brother and sister?

3 Likes

I like the idea of this .
I would have Aces join the Wardens
The grayman join Morgan
Ms.Jenks would go to the 108
Margaret Hagerty would go to the law dogs ( to teach drew a thing or two)
Clint Ramsey would go to Sloan

1 Like

To extrapolate on Will’s thinking, could even make a cool tournament series with the draft order based on participation for each faction? :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I’ve always felt that Clementine Lepp was a little Outlaw/ rebel like. Would make for a cool experienced version, grifter or not.

What ya think, @Lapp? :wink:

3 Likes

I concur :cowboy_hat_face:

This sounds like a great idea for an event prize/vote as well!

3 Likes

I always thought Max Baine returning to Gomorra and teaming up with The 108 Righteous Bandits to take down the Morgans would have been a cool story arc.

5 Likes

Ramiro as a Harrowed Outlaw
I had the exact same thought as Doomdog about a Max Baine exp2
Jake Smiley as an abomination Fearmonger.
Ol’ Howard as an Entrepreneur, when he realizes even in death he has a way with business.

3 Likes

Husband and Wife

3 Likes

Looks like Wylie or Olivia needs to die …lol no such thing as a happy marriage in doomtown lol

1 Like

Wylie’s death was a possibility at an early GenCon tournament I think, but the LD players saved him.

1 Like

Wiley had already lost so much with the death of his dog Bramble but it looks like he is gonna lose even more… Lol

1 Like

Not even death will keep him from getting paid!

I just imagined Ol’ Howard becoming “Honest Howard”, the used coffin salesman. :stuck_out_tongue:

“This coffin is only slightly used. A guy named Raffi had it for just a day before he decided he didn’t need it any more. Now I get to pass the savings on to you!”

5 Likes