Replacement Event Timing

I just have a quick question about the timing of reacting to replacement events.

Replacement events, as per the 1.3.1 rules published 2 September 2017, Section 7 page 26 (bold emphasis mine):

Some Reacts replace the original event with a new event; these can be identified by the use of the
word “instead” within their text. Once a React of this type is played, the original react window is
closed and the replacement event occurs. Additional Reacts can then be played in response to
that new event.

Should a new event occur within a react window, pause the flow of the game again and resolve
any Reacts to that new event in the same way

Say I’m the winner of Lowball. I just reacted with a React that uses the word instead and created a replacement event (also referred to as a new event).

Who gets the chance to react to the new replacement event first?

1. Is it me, the Winner of Lowball, since reacts to new events are resolved in the same way, or
  2. My opponent, since I just played a React ability and it would normally be their turn to react?

The Lowball winner. As the react window is closed and replaced with the new event, a new react window begins, starting with the lowball winner.

1 Like