Rope and Ride + Full Moon Brotherhood

Rope and Ride 3 :clubs:
Action • Cost 0
React: After a dude accepts your callout, but before posses are formed, boot your leader or their attached Horse to move your dude then the mark to an adjacent location that is not your home. Boot the mark.

Full Moon Brotherhood
Outfit • Wealth 19 • Production 3
Noon, Boot: Choose an opposing non-token dude that is adjacent to one of your dudes. That dude loses all traits, cannot move via card effects, and cannot refuse callouts. If that dude leaves play, either draw two cards or gain 2 ghost rock.

Let’s say my dude in town square and without a horse is targeted and affected by the Noon ability of my opponent’s Full Moon Brotherhood. My dude then calls out one of my opponent’s dudes in town square. My callout is accepted and I react by playing Rope and Ride. Since my dude cannot move by card effect, how does the rest of Rope and Ride play out?

My best interpretation of this card leaves my dude booted in town square while I move my opponent to an adjacent location that is not my home. Then I boot my opponent’s dude and the shootout is over/no longer valid because the leader is no longer part of the posse. Or should it be that my dude cannot fulfill any part of the first sentence of Rope and Ride so we move on to the second sentence and simply boot my opponent’s dude before proceeding with the shootout in town square?

3 Likes

Seen and under review by the Rules Team. It’s New Year’s week. All of our available RT members are celebrating. please stand by, and the next available RT member will be by to answer.

2 Likes

Great question! The action can not be played due to the following:

The first sentence on Rope and Ride is: “React: After a dude accepts your callout, but before posses are formed, boot your leader or their attached Horse to move your dude then the mark to an adjacent location that is not your home.”

Full Moon Brotherhood: Noon, Boot: Choose an opposing non-token dude that is adjacent to one of your dudes. That dude loses all traits, cannot move via card effects, and cannot refuse callouts. If that dude leaves play, either draw two cards or gain 2 ghost rock.

The first sentence is a requirement on Rope and Ride; as the requirement to move the dude cannot be performed, the action can not be played.

This can be compared to another React, with the card, Shan Fan Showdown. “React: After posses are formed, choose your dude with a Melee Weapon in your posse.” If you don’t have a Melee Weapon in your posse, the card cannot be played.

2 Likes