Run Rabbit Run

I am a little confused on how Run Rabbit Run works. If the +1 bullet modifier is only if the dude moves and shootout plays can only be played by a dude in the shootout or if they are moving into the shootout how does a dude get the +1 modifier? If the dude is not in the shootout then they couldn’t play the shootout technique correct? Any insight you guys could give me would be awesome!

1 Like

You play Run Rabbit Run first, while your dude is in the shootout, then use techniques like Rabbit’s Deception and Rabbit’s Lunar Leap or effects like Carter’s Bounties to move them in and out, accumulating bullets as you do so.

For example,
Rabbit’s Deception will move your dude out, giving +1 bullet.
Rabbit’s Lunar Leap will bring them back in, giving another +1 bullet.
Rabbit’s Deception again will move your dude back out, giving +1 bullet.
Carter’s Bounties will bring them back in, giving another +1 bullet, for a total of +4 bullets.

1 Like

MOD - Moved to general category as the question is not about a ruling or rules interaction.

No harm or foul, just want to keep things organized.

You can play shootout abilities on cards outside of a posse if it brings a card currently in play into the posse.

See rulebook section ‘Make Plays’ for shootouts.
http://pineboxentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/doomtown_rulebook_v1.3.1.pdf

Ah makes more sense now with the examples. Thank you!!!

If you want you can walk me through the street yelling shame. My apologies. I wasn’t sure were to put the question. Thank you for letting me know!

1 Like

That option scores highly for being genre appropriate but loses all those points and more when checking against “Friendly/Welcoming Atmosphere”. :wink:

1 Like

Next time, The Turkish Beast will put him in a sweaty headlock like he’s threatened me with.