Servitor Series Events: Week 1 and Worlds Announcement

Greetings Doomtown players! As with the previous Epitaph Series, each week Pine Box will be providing an update to the Series regarding the upcoming events and current status of where we’re at on the votes to corrupt or save our characters whose fate is in your hands! This coming weekend we have events at two conventions, one in the UK and one in USA! Please check in the following week to see where we’re at one our first votes of the series!

The full list of events, which will be updated for any changes, can be found at the bottom of:
http://pineboxentertainment.com/opseries/

Remember folks, these events are ‘There Comes A Reckoning’ Proxy legal, using the pdfs from the Kickstarter. Please confer with the tournament organizer regarding any issues/concerns with these proxies.

October 21, 2017
GamesFest 2017, Victoria Hall
TO: Russell Smith
projectshadowlondon@gmail.com
Akeman Street, Tring, HP23 6AN
Convention Tournament
UK

October 22, 2017
WasabiCon, Lexington Hotel
TO: Kaleb Brooks
kaleb@greenmustard.com
1515 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville FL 32207
Convention Tournament
USA

At this time Pine Box would also like to announce that in 2018, the Doomtown World Championships will be held in the UK as a Deadlands weekend celebration! More details to follow cowfolk, and the US Championship will be held at GenCon 2018!

6 Likes

How soon until you have that Worlds in the UK event Pinned Down?
Some of us have affairs to get in order.

3 Likes

We are currently looking at the first weekend in May, will respond when confirmed!

3 Likes

I don’t even know why “Worlds” has to be moved to Europe - Gomorra and the entire Weird West is geographically located in the United States!

AEG used to rotate “Worlds” between Europe and the US, which is a nice gesture to both sets of the fanbase and there will still be a “North American Championship” in the US.

Plus titles and baubles are paltry things to rugged heroic gunslingers!

Beyond that, as ever I’m in favour of friendly rivalry between the US and European fan-bases and hope to see you and others over here again at some point! :wink:

UK event finals, Russell Smith Full Moon Brotherhood v. Dan Knight, Protection Racket were the finals with FMB taking the win!

4 Likes

Hoping Amit and Dan K will post their decks…

1 Like

Congratulations to Russell and nice to see a good early turn out.

Hope everyone had fun.

Remember to vote Valeria and vote often! :wink:

1 Like

@RichCarter, we are confirmed first weekend of May for UK Worlds

3 Likes

OMG! I am so excited for worlds and a weekend of Deadlands celebration. :smiley:

@Benni We need costumes and more cards for our opponents…

5 Likes

From WasabiCon:

We had a good turn out today. 6 players total (1 newbie, 1 returning player, 4 regulars). For a short notice that we had, I was greatly surprised. Here are the results:

Jason Y - 108 Drunken Masters - First Place - Save Bai Yang Chen
Chris F - Justice in Exile - Second Place - Corrupt Drew Beauman
Adam - Law Dog Base (learned the game an hour beforehand) - Third Place - Corrupt Drew Beauman
Mike M - Morgan Regulators - Fourth Place - Corrupt Kyle Wagner
Timothy F - Sloan Desolation Row - Fifth Place - Corrupt Maria Kingsford
Desiree F - 108 Bandits Base - 6th Place - Save Bai Yang Chen

I could not be happier with the day. Big thanks to WasabiCon for the support and we hope to get back next year, for a bigger turn out and another great tournament.

4 Likes

Thanks, I will update the main page with the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not enough Valeria saving going on there for my liking :slight_smile:
But the votes thus far have been interestingly consistent! I’m curious to see how this is all going to pan out. Looking forward to some fun XP dudes turning up!

4 Likes

I’m aiming to make it to three physical events and the OCTGN tournament to stack up some Valeria votes. Hopefully your (?) early win with FMB will encourage more people to try 4R. :slight_smile:

• Should add that I’m pleased to see 108 get an early win with their Drunken home. World, Euros and Epitaph series had some good variety in winning deck types.
5 Likes

I’m hoping to get to at least three more, and am mostly wondering whether to field some other deck ideas I had or make this one more or less my go-to. And as much as the #saveValeria thing means to me, I feel I should give Sloane some love too, especially given my lovely new mat… :slight_smile:

I do have a 108 idea I’d like to flesh out and try too. I have a feeling the recent cards will have greatly improved an older concept I had somehow…

3 Likes

Good points - as fun as the story stuff is, playing decks that you enjoy is what matters! In particular with new cards to experiment thanks to Pinnacle/Pinebox continuing the game.

3 Likes

I like to think I’ll get enough chances!

1 Like

Amit’s Protection Racket was my final game, by the way - though I played Dan K’s the match before! I still want to see his deck list, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m glad to see the Jacksonville crew back at it. They taught me how to play DTR before I skipped town a couple years ago. Great guys. If you ever pass through Macon, GA, look me up. Pat (Cletus Gamesalot on FB).

3 Likes

This weekends event votes from IQ Games Centre

4 x Law dog players, 3 votes to #screw drew 1 to save
3 x 4th ring players, 3 votes to save Valeria
3 x Sloane players, 3 votes to corrupt Maria
1 x Eagle wardens player, 1 save Black elk
1 x Morgan player, Abstained from voting