Servitor Series - OCTGN League

Do we get deck lists!?

I think weā€™ll get the remaining Decklists after the semi-finals and finals. Great to see these decks prompting lots of discussion on dtdb so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked Jayjester to remove my list from his post since Iā€™m still in the process of the semi finals, but he should have all the lists, and assuming everyone is ok with it he can publish those when the league is over.

We currently have both semi-finals matches with a US vs EU player, so adding in the holidays its been slow going to find times to play :slight_smile:

Hopefully the holiday slowdown means folksā€™ll be inclined to include with their decklists a description of their matchups!

1 Like

Iā€™m slightly disappointed that there are only 3 entries in the creative decklist contest. Iā€™m sure @Zeetooisā€™ deck qualifies and there must have been others. Most of my games I was playing my Stone/Blessed deck trying to get a win and either just falling short after wonderfully close games or hitting perfect counters to my plan and losing quickly. As such I didnā€™t get round to playing some of my weirder ideas.

2 Likes

I completely failed there. I had some unique, wacky ideas and just got lost in the new miracles and totally missed out on getting those creative decks goingā€¦

Update: @shekky_ducky and I move onto the finals, trying to play tonight at 8pm Central.

4 Likes

And in perfect suspenseful accord, we each grab a game, ending 1-1. Final match will likely be Thursday evening US time!

4 Likes

Deck lists I received (will be updated if I get more back)

Swider - Full Moon Brotherhood Deckbuilder Ā· DoomtownDB
Rockergamer06
Zeetoois - Den of Thieves Den of Jokers - OCTGN Top 8 Ā· DoomtownDB
Roullette - kontrol - GRIMME LEGEND - OCTGN SERVITOR FINALS Ā· DoomtownDB
Shekky_Ducky - Desolation Row Deckbuilder Ā· DoomtownDB
Prodigy - Law Dogs Blessed Dogs - 1st Place OCTGN Servitor Series Ā· DoomtownDB
SereneJ Morgan Regulators Morgan Regulators - copied with gratitude, with a few altera Ā· DoomtownDB
Woren - The Arsonal. Shan Fan Dogs! Ā· DoomtownDB

Top 8 Bracket
Swider win vs. Weron
SereneJ win vs. Rockergamer06
Pr0digy win vs. Zeetois
Shekky_Ducky win vs. Roullette3

In the Top 4 Bracket
Shekky_Ducky win vs. Swider.
Prodigy win vs. SereneJ

Championship.
Prodigy win vs. Shekky_Ducky

The final games played between Prodigy and Shekky Ducky where not timed.

Things of particular note. Shekky_Ducky played bold, constantly daring Prodigy to commit against jobs that would seem easy to win, but Prodigy knew to pick his battle very carefully. Shekky_Ducky was also very purposeful with managing where his dudes were, and what cards he had in hand, especially while John ā€˜Acesā€™ was in play. Prodigy proved how effective casualty reduction can be with a strong draw structure. When Prodigy lost, he almost never had to remove dudes from play, when he won or tied, his opponents would get whittled down. Prodigy also made some great use of counter play against jobs. Sometimes a dude would move out of town, or finish a job and be home alone, and that is when Prodigy would play Bounty hunter, Kidnappinā€™, or Judge Harry xp1. Shekky also is very good at playing around and preventing opponents using their best combo. For instence, I spotted him several times making sure Point Blank would not be able to work. Though he couldnā€™t prevent every time, it made for a very pleasing struggle to watch. My lesson from the game, is that Straight Flush decks with powerful hand rank modifier actions can put strong pressure, but if there are no cheating resolutions left, 5 of a kinds will win out the day.
Game 1: https://youtu.be/0n8YBBLaPwI

Game 2: https://youtu.be/TaNaSxihaE8

Game 3: https://youtu.be/6k7eNCpAnD4

Congratulations to Prodigy, and well earned proving blessed dudes can pull off miracles.

3 Likes

Link to Shelly_Duckys deck points to an EW deck.

Nice write up!

Thank you for pointing that out, the deck link is fixed now.

Thanks to Jayjester for helping in the top 8 (next league I will be extricating myself from the top 8 if I get in, to stay as T.O. and get some fresh blood in there), and thanks to everyone who participated in the league!

This one went longer than normal due to holidays, and schedules across the ocean not lining up, but Iā€™m glad we were able to play it out. I will figure out the prizes (I ordered the kit so long ago!) and will post back here with the details.

2 Likes

Thanks for collecting the decklists and organising the event guys. Should have quite an influence on the story outcome. :slight_smile:

Hope a few more of these get upgraded from just being link to being officially published on dtdb so more of the community can see them.

Iā€™ll look forward to watching the videos, should get to these soonish.

1 Like

PRIZES!

Sorry for the delay on this. Top 8 prizes (not as many this time) are assigned, but each Top 8 who didnā€™t get a prize (and those who did) will get a copy of the alt art Inner Struggle. Chances are not everyone will want them, so Iā€™m guessing everyone who wants prizes will get one.

Everyone gets alt arts of:
Mugging
Henry Moran
All 4 Servitors
(and very likely a copy of Inner Struggle)

Please private message me with your address, and prepare to send me a few bucks for shipping (even overseas is very cheap).