Several (seemingly obvious) questions

Heya!

So, I have a few questions here, the answers of which may be obvious, but I figured I’d ask in case there have been any official rulings made.

Firstly, Election Day Slaughter aces one dude in the town square if it succeeds. But then won’t the opposing player oppose the job either way, even if it’s just that one dude in town. I mean, they either get aced when the job succeeds, or they get aced in the ensuing shootout. If they then run home, their posse is safe. So, it forces a shootout, but seems very rare that it’d ever actually ace someone. On a similar vein, if you perform a job that aces a specific dude if it succeeds (such as Mason Adler’s ability), and they oppose it and then get discarded, are they then aced instead? The job has succeeded after all? I’d assume, though, that the dude who got discarded is no longer a valid target since they’re discarded?

On Mason Adler, my question originally seemed obvious, but now I’m not sure. Originally in multiplayer games, I was going to ask if he had to be opposing the highest grit dude out of all opposing players in order to gain the stud bonus. I assumed it would be the case. However, I then saw your comment of:
“During a shootout “opposing dude” is just a dude opposing belonging to the other players in the shootout, not outside of the shootout.”
So, I assume that if in the shootout the highest grit among that player’s dudes is present, then you get the stud bonus? However, his job ability would apply to all opponents?

Finally, does Adler’s Needle still get the control point bonus if the targeted dude joins the posse, but is subsequently forced to leave the posse? It says “if that dude does not join”, so I figured it’d apply to that first choice to join or not, leaving later wouldn’t have any impact?

Will answer in segments:

Election Day Slaughter
Noon Job, Boot: Mark the town square. Each other player may unboot a dude in town. If successful, each other player must ace one of their dudes in town.

This refers to In Town, not in Town Square, so this is any dude not at an out of town location

If a job goes to ace a dude, and that dude is discarded during the shootout, they will not be aced from discard, as the game only checks to ace if the dude is in play

Questions left:

If that dude does not join, this dude gains a permanent control point. If this dude has higher grit than that dude and they do not join, that dude gets -1 influence while not at home until after Sundown.

Does the control point trigger if they later join the posse?

Adler
Noon Job, Boot: Mark the opposing dude with the highest grit of 11 or higher (you choose in case of a tie). No other dudes can join your posse. If successful, ace the mark.

Repeat Shootout: If an opposing dude with the highest grit is in the opposing posse, Mason gains the Abomination keyword and becomes a stud. You can use this ability once per shootout.

Question is on multiplayer for shootout action

Rules team will confer and respond

For Needle: join has to be at time of action, same as with Grim Servant

Re: Adler multiplayer

Once you’re in the shootout, the highest grit opposing dude is the dude that belongs to just the opponent you are facing in the shootout.

Let us know if all your inquiries were not answered but I think we got them all!