Tabletop Simulator content

Howdy chaps 'n gals,

I’m a bit hesitant to try OCTGN as it seems a bit obtuse at the moment because brainpower is limited (cause RL is in the way) :upside_down_face:

I have the Aetherial Projector of Tablestuffs [Tabletop Simulator], though. There seems to be some content, and IT began incubating embryons of a fantasy: summoning a (semi)fully functional aetherial table mentor [programming some basic functionalities to manage a Doomtown table].

I won’t start, though, if it’s in contradiction of a (possibly obscure) part of some Eldritch Universal Legal Abomination [guess what that is], so I’m asking for advice.

here,

Advice!

thanks!

I recently used the available TTS-plugin for Doomtown to play with a friend (who is also a bit OCTGN-averse because of installation-overhead…)

Although OCTGN is actually really easy and automates lots of things for the players.
You really only need to remember 2-3 shortcuts for passing and lowball. Takes around 2-3 matches to get used to the interface i would say. For almost everything else i use dropdown-menus.

Also i’m currently not sure there’s a convenient way to search through your opponents discard-pile in the current TTS-implementation, which imo is necessary for competitive play.

Otherwise DTR for TTS is a really neat and beatiful plugin, the deckbuilder works easy enough. We just increased the size of our cards, since standard size felt a bit small to determine board-state in a normal zoomed out view.

Did you want to build a new plugin or improve the existing one?

I think there’s also a project going on to build something like jinteki / throneteki … i thought about joining that but took too long to try to figure out how to setup a working MongoDB / node installation. Not enough free time available right now to sacrifice multiple evenings just to get the development suite running ;/

2 Likes

The Tabletop Simulator module that was previously available had been removed from the Steam Workshop and is no longer being worked on. Some members of the community are still hosting games with the module as it was before it was removed. Recommend you touch base with the folks on Discord to see if you can wrangle a game: Doomtown

I would not put a lot of time into a Tabletop Simulator plugin.

I would say to you or anybody that was interested in working on such a project, if that kind of project DID exist, that assisting you with your dev environment would be a worthwhile investment of time.

3 Likes

I was thinking about building one from the ground up, since I didn’t see anything scripted on TTS. I used a table that was already there as a starting point and a couple scripted objects (counting bowls to count ghost rock, influence and control points, some infinite bags to hold all the counters & tokens)

I started working on the script for the game last week, then I lost everything after the latest win10 update, then I headed on the github repo to see what @db0 did for the OCTGN game definition, and was surprised to see the similarities ^^

(and I found most of what I did in the windows.old folder, so not everything is lost :stuck_out_tongue:)

Laziness works in strange ways. I’m willing to learn a new language (LUA) and start working with it and much more reluctant to just setup OCTGN… but then I saw the tutorial at youtube, I might give it a try.

And once I have something worth showing, I’ll put it on a repo and share the link somewhere on this forum :wink:

1 Like