-Landon Sommer, Abrams Crusaders w/Grimme, vote Corrupt
-Garrison Sturgis, Sanitorium w/Grimme, vote Corrupt
-Joshua Sturgis, The Sloane Gang w/Stone, vote Save
-Antonio Calderon, 108 Righteous Bandits, vote Corrupt
-Max Way, Law Dogs, vote Save
-Robert Newara, Morgan Cattle Company, vote Save
-Stephen Schaffenberger, Law Dogs, vote Corrupt
-Ethan Casteel, Justice in Exile w/Stone, vote Corrupt

Round 1 Tony and Andrew on Table 3 will be choosing a Deed that will be featured in the Fate of Mario Crane story.

7 Likes

Tony and Drew choose General Store due to several jobs and shootouts taking place at that location during their game!

6 Likes

Thanks for the breakdown and live choices! Good luck to everyone playing and hope they have a good time. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Love the in-game homages. Good work!
And Iā€™m counting:
14 players
6 factions
11 outfits
6 servitor decks, all but Hellstromme repped
ā†’ a well rounded sampling of decks n archetypes

6 Likes

Eric and David for Round 2 story choice. Flamethrower will be featured. I already see where this is goingā€¦:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ethan and Landon in Round 3 choose Justice in Exile as the outfit involved in the story.

6 Likes

Stephan, who graciously played through the tournament after just learning to play today, chose Travis Moone to be part of the story!

10 Likes

Gomorraā€™s greatest hero!

7 Likes

Zac bests Landon in top 4, Jevon v. Max currently playing

2 Likes

Zac v. Max in finals

5 Likes

T4 is thus:
Protection Racket w/ Raven vs. Abramā€™s Crusaders with Grimme
and
Oddities of Nature vs. Law Dogs

Final of Protection Racket/Raven vs. LawDogs
(and is that thematic or what?)

5 Likes

Zac wins!

Max chooses that Jessica, surviving her experience as Sloane, rides to the great weird north. There is still a taint upon her soulā€¦

Zac chooses that Mario will succumb to evil, fighting the good fight, but at what cost???

Full proposal has been submitted to story team :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Gomorraā€™s greatest hero!

Heā€™s the real deal!

Iā€™m kinda bummed though. I was really rooting for Mario.

2 Likes

I was torn on this one: I like having interesting villains, but weā€™d seen a lot from Marioā€™s perspective during the Ballad of Mario Crane and other stories, so I was sympathetic to him and could see how heā€™d make an effective ā€œRedemptionā€ character candidate. I suppose that means I was well hedged and was placed to enjoy either outcome.

Looking forward to seeing what story comes up with for both her and Jessica (the old ā€œSloaneā€).

Fine choices from all the ā€œtable by tableā€ choices too. A good exercise in collective story telling, helps expand who contributes. Good to see two community stalwarts in @jordan_caldwell and @DeputyWay get a chance to write their names (in blood?) in to Doomtown history, well deserved in both cases. Also glad that there were various new players and old faces present in the Facebook photos.

Pleased to see so many factions and Servitors represented. Particularly pleased to see Raven do well after some people wondered how viable heā€™d be for tournaments. :thumbsup:

Edit: adding a link to @jordan_caldwellā€™s excellent tournament report. Pub Wars - PAX Unplugged 1st Place Ā· DoomtownDB Decklists from the community are helpful for playtest, but particularly when they have commentary and round by round reports. Also makes them fun to read! :slight_smile: Appreciate not everyone has time to do this, but decklists and reports are certainly read where community members find the time.

6 Likes

FWIW - Zac/Jordanā€™s deck is yet another take on the Classic Blackjacks toolbox heā€™s been running for years. Check this deck and writeup vs. a Classic take:

The basic premise is playing a slow/long game and having the tools to respond to opponentā€™s play. DTR WANTS fast, brutal shootouts and takeovers. Playing against that grains is non-trivial and a tribute to Zacā€™s nerves of steel and thoroughly understanding how his deck plays against different archetypes. FWIW Iā€™ve played against Zac and Rich Carter for years - they donā€™t always win events, but their play is usually strong and always creative and intersting.

7 Likes

Iā€™m curious on a couple of things, then. Will the story that hastily wrapped the second main story arc before it truly got started be considered ā€˜canonā€™, and hence from that will Black Jackā€™s intervention have led to a thwarting of Crane as Sloane that time around? Which raises the follow up question of who gets to be Sloane next. The other of which flavour of doom Mario will be receiving is no doubt answered in the upcoming story.

Probably mentioned this a couple of times before, but the cards Iā€™m most intrigued to see are the next King value faction cards for each. My assumption would be that 108 and EW would just see an Exp. 1 version of what they have. There are vacancies as far as I can tell for Morgan, 4R, potentially Dogs and Sloane, though one version of this in my head is that Morgan Lash or Alice Stowe steps up in some capacity. Or should this be a separate thread question? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive, mi amigo! :slight_smile: Sorry for the delay; it ended up being long and rambly, as usual. I started it on pen-and-paper whilst traveling home on the Monday, though, so hopefully the match details will be more fulesome and accurate than my usual offeringsā€¦ .

(Old-Fashioned Dogs (PaxUnplugged 2nd place!) (4/2/Straight F Ā· DoomtownDB)

4 Likes

I like having interesting villains, but weā€™d seen a lot from Marioā€™s perspective during the Ballad of Mario Crane and other stories, so I was sympathetic to him and could see how heā€™d make an effective ā€œRedemptionā€ character candidate.

My assumption is that the Weird West in general, and Gomorra in particular, corrupts everybody, and itā€™s the exceptions to that rule that are interesting to me. When I see a character trying to do the right thing in spite of the crap hand the Reckoners dealt 'em, Iā€™ll always root for that character. Mario got himself into trouble doing the right thing when it would have been easier to walk away, both back East and in the bank when he ran into Sloane. Shame it didnā€™t work out for him.

Similarly, from ā€œA Lioness in the Den,ā€ I got the feeling that Maria has the makings of a classic anti-hero. If she was serious about wanting to do right when ā€œrightā€ and ā€œthe lawā€ are opposed, then I hope she gets the chance; hence my votes to save her.

Iā€™ll tell you what, Iā€™ve missed the Doomtown fiction, can you tell? Games with rich story worlds are pretty thin on the ground these daysā€¦

5 Likes

Top 4 compiled:

PAX: Pub Wars 1st Place: Pub Wars - PAX Unplugged 1st Place Ā· DoomtownDB
PAX: Old Fashioned Dogs 2nd Place: Old-Fashioned Dogs (PaxUnplugged 2nd place!) (4/2/Straight F Ā· DoomtownDB
PAX: Whatā€™s in the Box: Oddities Top 4: WHAT'S IN THE BOX?! v2 - PAX Unplugged 3rd Place Ā· DoomtownDB
PAX: Abrams w/Grimme Top 4: Top 4 finisher PAX Unplugged Ā· DoomtownDB

1 Like

Travis Moone: King of the Werewolves