The Fate of Mario Crane Results Thread

I like having interesting villains, but we’d seen a lot from Mario’s perspective during the Ballad of Mario Crane and other stories, so I was sympathetic to him and could see how he’d make an effective “Redemption” character candidate.

My assumption is that the Weird West in general, and Gomorra in particular, corrupts everybody, and it’s the exceptions to that rule that are interesting to me. When I see a character trying to do the right thing in spite of the crap hand the Reckoners dealt 'em, I’ll always root for that character. Mario got himself into trouble doing the right thing when it would have been easier to walk away, both back East and in the bank when he ran into Sloane. Shame it didn’t work out for him.

Similarly, from “A Lioness in the Den,” I got the feeling that Maria has the makings of a classic anti-hero. If she was serious about wanting to do right when “right” and “the law” are opposed, then I hope she gets the chance; hence my votes to save her.

I’ll tell you what, I’ve missed the Doomtown fiction, can you tell? Games with rich story worlds are pretty thin on the ground these days…

5 Likes