The Great Forum Crash

Well guys, you weathered the storm. You may have noticed our forums just go kaput. That’s on me. I pressed a button I shouldn’t have, and despite our best efforts we had to roll back to a forum image about 2 days before the incident. That said, we’re doing updates more frequently now, as well as running the latest stable build of the forum software.

I sincerely apologize for the interruption. And Look forward to much more discussion with you. Feel free to call me dirty names in the comments below. :wink:

1 Like

Finally!

1 Like

How does the downtime relate to our capability of leveling up in abilities in the forum. With the requirement of logging daily and what not.

It shouldn’t as far as I know, but I can look into it. If there is an issue, I’ll figure out a solution.

Well done with getting it up again!

“2 days before”?

I hadn’t been able to access the forums for over a week; they just came up as a blank white page for me the whole time.

2 days before the forum became a blank page :wink:

My account I created a few days before the crash did not get restored, so I had to create another one. But I am glad the forum is back up.

1 Like

I toiled for days trying every invention I could to get to the forums:

Tybar’s Patented Forum Discombobulator
Tybar’s Internet Time Traversing Posting Apparatus (Patent-Pending)

But I’m glad that worked! I’ll just go through these things away…

2 Likes

1 Like

Glad you guys are taking it all in stride.

Off topic, but since it’s the topmost post in the Town Council cathegory, I’ll post it here.

I think that the Search function intergrated in the forum (ctrl+F) is not very convenient, I’d prefer normal browser search to be implemented instead.

Ctrl+F is just browser search I think. At least for me.

Try it in a long thread, like this one.

Ah I see. Well it looks to be working fine for me.

Should we consider unpinning this? It’s been a month since it’s seen any activity.