The Road to Tombstone: Epitaph Series Results

Indeed, OCTGN looks like it will have a good effect on the numbers (you could even grab a match there, a single league match is enough for the story vote, as long as it happens before the end of the physical Epitaph series. I think that’s the deadline for OCTGN participation to count towards the story prize).

As Doomdog notes, 4R well represented online so far.

Updated with Halifax, Canada (July 12)

Updated with Knoxville and Jenkintown

Updated with Myrtle Beach and Newcastle

myrtle beach 1st place epitaph series Epitaph Series Event Morgan Inventalot/Influence Bomb - 1st · DoomtownDB

2 Likes

Here is my Newcastle deck list:
http://dtdb.co/en/decklist/2443/dept-of-murder-hobos-1st-newcastle-epitaph

Excellent event with 16 players, well organised and played in a spirit of great fun.

Good luck to everybody who makes it to the Manchester Epitaph event, sadly I can’t make it but I look forward to seeing which factions are represented and what kind of decks are played. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updated with Vancouver, Iowa, and Texas League

Good to see another win for the 4R mixed in there (Texas League), look forward to seeing various deck lists turn up on dtdb over the coming days. :slight_smile:

Updated with Manchester , as the Eagle Wardens get a win!

3 Likes

Great to see Eagle Wardens dip for the line and get a win, particularly as it was done with something other than Spirit Fortress. Nice to see that a variety of more interactive Eagle Wardens decks can compete as demonstrated by a few of the later Epitaph events.

As always there are balance issues to monitor and review with some factions doing better than others, but it is encouraging that every faction managed at least one Epitaph win.

1 Like

Updated with Portland and Poland

While we await the final tally from the OCTGN League, it appears the Law Dogs will be taking the story win!

2 Likes

Good to see all factions have reached double figures for representation too.

2 Likes

Checking things off manually on the standings I get the list below. It sums to 25 (correct number of competitors!) but there might be some human error in data entry.

4R 5
LD 3
MCC 5
SG 4
108 5
EW 3

rockergamer06 MCC
orrf EW
swider 4R
Maxxathon MCC
shekky_ducky SG
SirLargeness EW
dzastus 108
Csonti 4R
roulette 4R
Antasieto LD
erdosain81 4R
Zeetoois SG
Prodigy LD
Khudzlin 108
Blargg EW
Doomdog 4R
lambretta 108
TybarSunsong MCC
jayjester MCC
Harlath LD
Pekala 108
The_BurlyMan SG
almightypepe 108
hehasmoments MCC
BeastEG SG

Thanks! I received final email.

Total will be updated but Law Dogs wins by a narrow 4 players. Thank you all for participating in deciding the fate of the Doomtown story moving forward!!!

3 Likes

Do you have a breakdown by outfit as well as faction? It would be interesting to see how the outfits are playing in the post 108WD meta.

For some events I do, but not all of them. A good source of reference would be dtdb, a lot of players have posted decks there. I’ll go through and see if I can add specifics . Ie, I know I have the full list from the 16 at Manchester.

Do you have all the attendance numbers for these events?

I’m curious to know what the average number of players for a Tales of the Epitaph Event was compared to the 2016 Sheriff Event? What was the highest attended tournament in the US, UK, Europe (or anywhere else) and overall?

Also, were there more TotE Events held than 2016 Sheriff Events? And in more locations worldwide?

1 Like

I don’t have all the statistics, however octgn was highest overall participation, Newcastle UK was highest attended with 16 players, although @Lapp will be able to help more on these

1 Like

Updated with OCTGN League results; see next response for more analysis