There Comes a Reckoning Fiction

There is a new fiction by David Orange published in the Doomtown Reloaded DEADLANDS RPG
CONVERSION book:

It follows Pancho Castillo as he visits the Distinguished Collegium of Interspacial Physics.
I would be happy to share (copy and paste), unless pinebox would rather not at this point?

1 Like

Let’s leave it be at this point. :wink:

Thanks @soulblight, keeping the community informed as ever.

Pleased to see Pancho Castillo get another moment in the sun, as he (and Maria Kingsford) were generally at the lighter end of the Sloane Gang’s shades of grey. Pleased that Sloane Gang wasn’t all bloodthirsty murderers nor the Law Dogs all virtuous keepers of the pace.

There’s also a bit more background on various characters in their individual RPG write-ups.

Poor old Steven Wiles, burdened with the “Ugly” Hindrance. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So does this mean that the Kickstarter stuff has shipped?

Negative. PDFs for the RPG supplement and Rulebook went out today.

Doesn’t ship until March/April, we’re currently at the Pledge Manager/late backer stage. Pinnacle (as with their RPGs) are good at making PDFs available ahead of printing/shipping. Has the side benefit of helping spot typos/mistakes, or even prompting an adventure rewrite once (Stone & A Hard Place had the ending adjusted).

Edit: beaten to the draw by Pinebox’s CEOs. Aren’t Western executives supposed to be corrupt old tycoon types that don’t get involved? I’m thinking Mr Morton in “Once Upon A Time in the West”.

@Balder - your story thread has been a huge asset over recent months as people came back to the game and asked questions here and on discord. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fittingly, also Hard to Kill and Tough as Nails!

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t rely on them too much. I have no idea how much the new crew is actually holding to the stuff that we did.

So … where’s mine then? :stuck_out_tongue:

Good point, but it’s nice to have it all there to explain what was planned or the background details behind various dudes. I’m treating that’s stuff as canon until it’s contradicted by the new team. :wink:

PDFs should be in your Pinnacle account under Downloads, if you’ve cashed your Doomtown: There Comes a Reckoning Kickstarter Coupon in already (that’s a mouthful!).