Part of the Tombstone Destination Event
Tombstone Callout – Thieves Fall Out
Friday, October 25, 2019
Johnny Ringo’s, 60 S 10th St, Tombstone, AZ 85638Tombstone, Arizona, 8pm
Our Doomtown in Tombstone celebration continues. David Orange reprises this Gencon fave of open play with a twist. Challenge the fastest guns and trickiest spells in a casual format while enjoying good food and libations at Johnny Ringo’s.
October, 1881 – Tombstone, deep in the Arizona territory, cowers in fear during the ongoing showdowns between the Cowboys and the Earps. Both factions continue to suffer casualties and have taken time to assess their losses and regroup. The Clantons have retreated to their ranch southwest of town. Several of the gang have decided to cut out with the most recent ill-gotten loot while the getting is still good. The Earps have settled in at Virgil Earp’s house.
You, Pardner, find yourself embroiled in this escalating conflict. Thieves take the money and run. Bounty hunters cash in. Unlock achievements while collecting bounties.
Each player enters Tombstone with the highest of the following bounties:
Doomtown Designer – 5 Bounty
Marshal Event Winners – 4 Bounty
Sheriff – 3 Bounty
Deputy – 2 Bounty
Posse – 1 Bounty
attend event in Weird West-themed Cosplay: +1 to starting bounty
The main factions opposing each other are the Outlaws and Law Dogs.
However, the Anarchists and Fearmongers find themselves loosely allied with the Outlaws.
Meanwhile, the Law Dogs have recruited the First Peoples and Entrepreneurs to their side.
This, however, is NOT a team event. It’s still every dude for themselves.
This is a ‘come and go’ event – dudes can drift into town or leave at any time.
The ‘nuts n bolts’
After a match, the winning player divides the other player’s bounty into theirs
(Losing player gains 0 bounty)
example: Rich (5 bounty) defeats Laura Marie (2 bounty)
Rich adds 0.4 bounty (2/5) and now has 5.4 bounty
(round to tenths, lost decimals NOT tracked or remembered)
If Laura Marie won, it would be:
Laura Marie adds 2.5 bounty (5/2) and now has 4.5 bounty
This encourages ‘level play’ e.g. top players playing each other (and some strategy of the call outs).
While a mismatch doesn’t gain that much for the winning player, losers get 0 points. Think of it as betting on 20-1 long shot horses. You can win big, but more often, you lose and gain nothing at the time. But note that players can gain or work towards bounties, even though they may lose a particular match.
Achievements (add +1 bounty per occurrence unless noted)
Your deck is:
• Bicycle (+3)
• Highlander (only 1 of each card) (+2)
• Double Barrel (no more than 2 of each card) (+1)
Within Single Matches
• NOT hit w/Cheatin’ Resolution (non-bicycle deck; opponent at least 1 CR)
• natural Straight Flush
• natural DMH
• one of your dudes gets to 13 bullets
• Win a game with all of your CP on the same card (dude or deed)
• upset the apple cart (gain 5+ bounty in a match) + 1 bounty
• Baddest Dude in Town – at least one of your dudes has 10+ bounty at game’s end.
• Surivors – all dudes from your post-grifting starting posse are in play at game’s end.
• Defeat opposing major faction (Outlaw/Law Dog) +2 bounty
• Defeat opposing ally (Anarchist/Fearmonger OR First Peoples/Entrepreneur) +1 bounty
• Defeat ally – gain normal bounty, no bonus.
Cumulative across Matches
• Nemesis (play 3+ games vs. opposing major faction) +3
• Hired Gun (play 3+ games vs. opposing allies) +2
• Traitor (play 3+ games vs. OWN faction/allies) +2
• Draw (play 5+ matches) +3
• stud (win 3+ matches) +3
End of event
Pinebox Patron – most losses +3
Most matches played +3
Most achievements unlocked +3
Prizes awarded for:
Overall Champion: most total bounty
(tiebreakers – most wins, most matches, most achievements)
Top Law Dog/ally