Tombstone Series: OCTGN League!

Come join us in the only truly world-wide Doomtown tournament!

Starts: Friday June 22nd
Ends: Goes for 5 weeks in a league format, ending on midnight July 29

To join and find more information about rules and prizes:
http://www.challengeboards.net/boards/details/11558

password: dtr

Looking forward to seeing folks in OCTGN!

4 Likes

As ever, heartily recommend this.

Good way to get official promos if you donā€™t have a local tournament, or to get more storyline votes for those that are keen on influencing the fiction. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

are the matches played via an online version or do we do some kind of video call?

Thanks!

Yep, all matches are played online using OCTGN: Guide to OCTGN Ā· DoomtownDB

If you want to do voice chat with your opponent, or to generally arrange games please join the Doomtown Discord channel:

Let me know if you have any trouble with any of the above. Itā€™s worth the bit of installation work and learning to be able to play doomtown 24/7 from home!

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

2 more weeks left for this league - plenty of time to join and play some games if you havenā€™t already.

Dozens of games have been played already, and Iā€™m pleasantly surprised that activity seems to still be going strong, come join us!

3 Likes

The league has ended, and I am really excited for how many games were played - if this wasnā€™t the highest number of games played in an OCTGN league, then it was very close! Thanks to everyone who joined, and I know things can slow down in between leagues but I hope to see you folks for casual games until the next one rolls around.

Congratulations to our top 4 finishers!

1. @swider
  2. @SereneJ
  3. @shekky_ducky
  4. @rockergamer06

Swider will face off against Rockergamer, and Serenej plays Shekky.

I know at least one of those 4 are headed to gencon, so I expect the first round will be delayed a bit. But please contact your opponent and schedule a game whenever you are able and please post here (or discord) so we can watch. Iā€™d love to record the games with commentary.

Once the finals are finished, Iā€™ll post with promos, prizes, etc.

3 Likes

I recorded the first two games between me and rockergamer, if anybody wants to watch them here is the link: Twitch

I had a long break in streaming and it was very hard for me to play and talk at the same time, but I think the games are quite fun to watch.

4 Likes

The link to the first two games of the final: Twitch

2 Likes

Ok, canā€™t wait to spoil this any more - @shekky_ducky and @swider have finished and the results are in:

Congratulations to Swider, winner of the Tombstone Series OCTGN league!

Thanks again for everyone who participated, and hope to see you all in the next one!

Prizes:
Swider has already chosen, and I have 2 ā€œspecialā€ prizes (playmat and ivory outfit), along with 5 wooden tokens, that I will contact the next folks in line. Everyone else please send me your mailing address for participation promos.

6 Likes

If anyone has entries for the ā€˜Most Creativeā€™ poll, please send them my way ASAP!

Also a reminder if you would like promos, please send me your address.

2 Likes

Last call for creative entries from the recent OCTGN league!

1 Like

Prizes were mailed out last week, please let me know if you donā€™t get yours within a week or so (10 days for the European folks, the post office tells me).

And I leave this thread with what would have been the winner of the most creative deck award, @Doomdogā€™s PTPT creation:

https://dtdb.co/en/deck/view/33633

See you all next league!

4 Likes