Using noon & shootout techniques

I’m not a fan of the Kung Fu technique in the game . . . . .
However, I noticed some decks are built with techniques that don’t rely on multiple copies to have been played or in the discard pile.

Techniques I’m interested in using: ‘Jade King Stance,’ ’ One Fights As Many,’ ’ Plague of Grasshoppers,’ ‘Monkey Goes To The Mountain,’ ’ Ten-Foot Punch,’ ’ Focusing Chi,’ ’ Shifu Speaks,’ ’ Pigging Out,’ and ‘Run Rabbit Run.’

Suppose I get my Kung Fu dude in a shootout -
How do I fire off any of those techniques?

Hi Matt! The following from the live online rulebook details Techniques and goes into Combos on p. 30. This should be what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

Section 7.3 Kung Fu
Kung Fu is a keyword found on dudes which represents their training in the martial arts. A dude with Kung Fu will have a rating (typically between 0 and 4) associated with it, which is added to that dude’s value while they are in play. Having a Kung Fu rating also allows a dude to perform Kung Fu tests and utilize Techniques as described below. When chaining Techniques into a combo, the dude’s Kung Fu rating determines the maximum number of additional Techniques that can be chained, beyond the initial Technique. Although Kung Fu may at first seem similar to skills such as Huckster and Blessed, it is not considered a skill and is not affected by cards referring to skills.

Section 7.3.1 Kung Fu Techniques
A Technique is a special kind of action card that requires you to choose a Kung Fu dude you control and have them succeed a Kung Fu test in order to play it. To perform a Kung Fu test, make a pull and compare its value to the value of the dude chosen (including all bonuses such as his Kung Fu rating). If your pull is a lower value than that of the performing dude, the Technique succeeds and you use the ability on the Technique. Otherwise, the Technique fails and nothing happens (the ability has been used to no effect, and it’s the next player’s turn to make a play). Any reference to “your dude” or “this dude” on a Technique refers to the dude who performed the Kung Fu test.

Online rulebook can be found here:
http://pineboxentertainment.com/resources/