Worlds 2018: Thank You

Words can’t describe how we feel right now about this event. The hospitality and response from attendees of several nations reminded us this weekend why Doomtown was a game worth saving and fighting for. This is the best gaming community and collectively you made an unforgettable experience. We could not have done this without our partners, Scott and Heidi, Fan Boy Three, our RPG GMs, and your support. Thank you all so very much. Cheers to future gatherings with all of you again :cowboy_hat_face::beers:
-David and Christine Lapp

14 Likes

Thanks for putting on a great event, guys!

4 Likes

Pine box, thank you. Roughly a couple years ago things were looking pretty darn bleak. We lost a lot of friends when the deadlands spread over the game. For certain, it would have been the end. Would have, except for a group of the most stubborn card playing cowpokes stood together. The bargained dearly, but bargained they did, and an accord was struck.

A call was raised to gather further volunteer deputies, and glad I am to have jingled my spirs stepping forward. But if it hadn’t been for the pine box company, I’d had no lead to follow.

So here’s a health to the Pine Box company! The disaster had nearly ruined us, but they raised the barn again. Now that we’ve had a couple right shindigs, the word can start spreading loud and wide. Doomtown is To Tough To Die!!!

9 Likes

A great many thanks to Scott and Heidi, for wrangling Logistics, to the Lapps, for wranglin’ story, and to all who came, fer makin’ the experience such a gosh-darned good time!

How long until the Euros 2019 thread goes up? :wink:

7 Likes

'Allo!

Except for the untimely demise of Zeb Whateley-Dupond (‘A villain dies a thousand times - a hero but once!’) it was an outstanding weekend of great games, making new friends and reinvigorating the spirit of Doomtown for the danish posse.

It was good to meet David, Heidi, Max and Ben - as well as meeting all our old friends from the England and Scotland again!

Thank you to Rob and David for running the roleplaying games we took part of - and for containing our loud and boisterous characters (eh… character Im told, as in singular).

I hope we were forgiven our brutish manners and feeble and cheatin’ attempts on reaching the top 8 - since we were unsuccesful, we will double our efforts in cheatin’ and brutism for next time.

On a very personal note - this event really inspired my further engagement in Doomtown. It has always been my game and I was reminded how much I feel for this game and how important the continued investment, personal as well as a player, as a deckbuilder and as a TO is for me. We will be having 3 tournaments during the next 6 months, the Tombstone event in august, the Copenhagen Quickdraw Contest III in October (during the Viking-Con) and a third for X-mas to get rid of some of the extra loot we have plundered over the years :smiley:

For the first time in a years time I have been dreaming of all the decks Im gonna try out (inspired from you all) and which Id like to build and test for the future tournaments!

Yagn’s is a relic from the past - it is time for New Science to evolve… Or perhaps a little magic… Hmm… That Dead Man Hand deck looks good. Oh, wait - here is something with Lillian Morgan…

A special shoutout to my roomie @jordan_caldwell : Challenge Accepted. Deck will follow.

Its time for you to skin those smokewagons or whistle Hamlet all day.
Hugs,
Denmark and Anders

12 Likes

Is Worlds 2019 in Canada now because Max?

1 Like

I hear tell they are thinking about Origins.

Doubt my wife thinks that is a good place for our 23rd wedding anniversary.

1 Like

Aiming for something special for Worlds 2019, need to see if we can actually pull it off though. Anything for Origins next year will be based on Origins/GenCon response this year.

3 Likes