Article requests

Oh, oh! One other card that I would like to know the history of is Tail Between Yer Legs. I imagine the final variant is quite different from the initial design.

I meant it in terms of cards and characters stories through the cards from classic to reloaded. Like going through wendy and cards she is related to or something.

2 Likes

I have volunteered to do an article (or more, depending on the reception of my quality) -

I think our (with Andy and Alex) initial notion would be “old dog, new tricks”, where I look at a card that is particularly similar to a Classic counterpart and share thoughts, notions, and bad ideas from the lessons I should have learned in the 15 years of playing Classic.

But if anyone else has an idea of something this particularly seasoned gunslinger can write about, I would happily entertain the notion.

5 Likes

For game design insight, I like the old versus new idea.

I had an idea for an article someone could write about gameplay. When new cards come out it shakes up the builds of certain decks. With a pinebox having new home cards, we get entirely new deck types being built. I saw a migration away from many of the old homes to the new ones when F&F came out. Than something interesting happened with Frontier Justice. I went and revisited many of the early deck types to work in the new cards. As an example, Legal Instruments made me rethink classic lawdogs, with more deputies. I’m glad to see that we haven’t simply moved past the first set of homes, but can further explore them, build on them, and redefine.

I’m going to bump this because I know we are getting new viewers. Folks tell us you all like to hear about? Do you guys and gals like spoilers (Of course right), strategy articles, numbers like the cards used on DTDB, janky decks (like the threads), community deck builds, or whatever that pops into your head. If you read this just write the things that come to your head and post it here. Whatever you propose there is somebody on the Gazette staff that can do it or if not knows somebody that can get some balls rolling. Since this is a community site what do you all want and need for your Doomtown fix.

I know that there is dtdb for this, but I really would love to see more deck building discussions. Something like theme of the week: Morgan horses for example. Or lets build a Legendary Holster deck.

1 Like

Again, with new factions, and faction homes coming out there will be a huge interest in building the new decks. The original faction homes should never be discounted as outdated though. New packs will redefine what these original homes can do, and some discussion on comparing the different choices in your faction home could be really good.
Example: The Arsenal is super cool and interesting, giving you abundant call out ability, but they lack the ability to keep throwing bounties onto dudes, and they must play spells and/or gadgets. New cards like dogs duster and Judge Harry xp1, and Faster on the Draw work to keep classic deputies a major threat.

2 Likes

I like both comments. @chefonk are you wanting deck building discussion as a thread? or community session deck build? or say we pick a theme like you said and one of the staffers builds a standard deck (including theme) post deck with article and we tweak make suggestions in a thread and possibly get someone to octgn it or live stream it? P.S I gotz a mean DR Holster deck in testing right now with O’hara and goodies :smile:. @jayjester so do a pro con on each outfit with some decklist like Gadget vs 4r? If so I might take you up on that one :wink:

I was thinking about deck building discussion regarding one deck type, In the Conquest forum on cardgamedb there is a deck thread for each warlord, aka deck type, where people can post new decks and synergies they found. Something like that. But I also like the idea of a community session deck build.

1 Like

I know what you mean now. We have the state of … at the moment but maybe we can pull something together.

Yes but maybe it could be a little bit more specific. Not just outfits, but Sloane Huckster, Morgan Horses, The Arsenal Gadgets for example. Or just deck ideas. Sister Mary standalone, James Ghetty + Force Field, etc.

That said, I do like indepth discussions of outfits, strengths, weaknesses, what decks are common out of them, even weird ideas to try with them, etc.

And on the flipside, discussion of a faction’s strengths and themes that don’t necessarily revolve around the outfit, things like Deputies in Law Dogs and Horse support in Morgan, Mystic items/Gadgets in 4th Ring, etc.