Both new factions named:

The Classic Kung Fu shennanigans was to start Master Chan - buff him silly w/ those Kung Fu, then send him over as one man gang.

Trust me on this, the 108 ain’t yer Pappy’s Chop Fooey. No sirree, bubba, not at all. These guys are tough, ready to rumble, and will be all over Gomorra like warts on a toad :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s also great taht the Righteous Bandits are 108, if they were like 26, they would last like 4 saddlebags.
/rimshot

2 Likes

:awkward trombones:

1 Like

@db0 - if thematically they’re similar to maze rates, is there going to be a Buckets Nelson reprint? NEED ME MY SHARK TOKENS.

1 Like

Thematically they’re an alliance of gangs who are ‘heroic outlaws’ with a Robin Hood-style take from the rich, give to the poor mentality. Their leader, the ‘God of Bandits’ Tou-Chi Chow, uses guns rather than kung fu and has ‘Property is Theft’ engraved on his weapons. They’re based out of the Devil’s Armpit, a thieves’ den kind of town just up the coast from Gomorra. They’re very different from Kang’s Maze Rats. That said, Deadlands has only ever described a few of the members (they’re a minor player in California, so only get about a page in the rpg books), so there might be scope for a few pirate types.

4 Likes

Not much discussion on the Eagle Wardens yet. The name suggests they’ll be a ‘good’ faction, and I’m interested to see how Shamanism works. Right now my thoughts are lots of card tutoring, hand manipulation and stuff like that.

1 Like

Check out the design diary for Miracles and Hexes so that you know what to exclude :wink:

5 Likes

When should we be expecting the design diary on Gadgetry? ::hint hint, nudge nudge::

1 Like

So they are basically anarcho-communists/syndicalists?

I can get behind that.

3 Likes

With bad-ass ninja skills

1 Like

That was basically what the collegium was in classic. So all they need now is an army of QUATERMANs :smiley:

I think anyone who’s dealt with Communists would see the folly in pinning them down to any specific strain of ideology :-p

1 Like

From what little we know and what’s been hinted at, looking forward to the new factions! I’m enjoying the base 4 but a lil more variety will be interesting, especially if the 108 are the grab bag they sound like and very curious how the new design on Spirits is going to play out. Only a month til we prolly start seeing previews! Pretty excited!

2 Likes

Pictures of the new outfits are up on Twitter.

Do you have a link to that? I’m not very twitter savvy :blush:

Actually, there’s a post in the Doomtown group on Facebook that has pics of all the cards. And they are spectacular.

1 Like