Lawrence Blackwood

So you boot him to get that control point…which then persists til sundown? And you have to boot him again the next day to re-establish it? Or is the point permanent after the first boot unless you move him out of that deed?

It’s a Noon ability so the effect lasts untl the end of the day, you’ll need to boot him again next turn if you want him to be worth 1 CP then.

2 Likes

So that control point will be there when you check for victory during Sundown.

Yes, so long as he stays at the deed where he used the ability.

Well, we got effects that grant bonus influence only during sundown, only during upkeep, only during high noon, and only during shootouts (missing ‘only during lowball’), but I’d expect control points to stay during sundown in any case :slight_smile:

EDIT: and then I remembered how The Sloane Gang outfit works =_=

Speaking of which, i understand the wording on Chief Seven-Eagles as this: I can use his ability to boot him at home or at a deed, then move him to the town square via Spirit Trail and get bonus control points, correct?

I don’t agree that the CP last only until the end of the day. I believe it’s only lost if he leaves that deed. It doesn’t include anything about “until after sundown” like Nicodemus’s ability. It’s balanced by saying he’s worth 1 control point not that he gains a control point so he’s never worth more than 1 control.

However, by rule all results of Noon actions end at the end of Sundown, unless it says otherwise. Blackwood does not say “permanently” so he loses it at the end of the day.

Hmm that makes sense so I guess the templating variance is what threw me off. Allie says permanently and Nicodemus specifically says “until after sundown” which shouldn’t be needed.

Well, it’s probably there for clarification, since Nic’s ability isn’t a Noon action but the ability he grants to other dudes is.