A Trail of Bodies - Marshal 2015

Originally published at: http://gomorragazette.com/2015/07/30/a-trail-of-bodies-marshal-2015/
Gomorra is a deadly place - people die - and this year at GenCon 8 people will die. 4 dudes from each outfit and an allied drifter will be put on the block each tournament. At the end of each event, the character with the most votes for death will die. At the end of the fifth and final event 4 more dudes will die. We will be covering the voting closely, and are excited to be the source to reveal to you the list of names!

Law Dogs
Andreas Andregg
Drew Beauman
Elmore Rhine
Wylie Jenks
Olivia Jenks

The Sloane Gang

Silas Aims
Angelica Espinosa
Makiao Kaleo, Esq.
Antheia Pansofia
Ramiro Mendoza

Morgan Cattle Company
Irving Patterson
Rémy Lapointe
Arvid Mardh
Howard Aswell
Steven Wiles

The Fourth Ring
Bobo
Smiling Tom
The Brute
Slade Lighbody
Dr. Dawn Edwards/Eve Henry

Well DAMN, that’s a harsh list.

1 Like

I see Steven Wiles, but where’s Jake Smiley?!

2 Likes

What does this mean exactly? The dudes who die at the event – will they be tournament illegal? Harrowed? Something else?

They’ll be dead for storyline purposes, so we’re unlikely to ever see experienced versions of them (unless some harrowing takes place). I don’t think they’d go so far as to ban them from competitive play though.

Wilber Crowley, Roderick Byre, et al aren’t banned, I don’t see why whoever dies here should be.

Oh, I see. Thanks guys for the reassuring answers!

So Law Dogs are sending their B-Team? :slight_smile:

Drew, Angelica, Steven and Bobo… You need to be smoked.

Hmmm… If Olivia dies, and Wylie reacts by hitting the bottle hard and gets an Experienced card, his stats would likely be worse than his current ones and thus you’d actually be able to play him. Then when it’s vengeance time, bring in original Wylie to kick ass!

I don’t particularly care about any of the other Law Dogs characters on the list. Angelica and Makaio can die. I’d like Irving to survive, but I’m not too fussed about the other Morgan dudes. Bobo and Smiling Tom can bite the bullet. If it gets Dr. Dawn Edwards/Eve Henry some fiction, then she can go too.

Nooo not Drew :frowning:

How about Silas? I think one of the Aims brothers dying would be a great excuse to make the other Experienced (does he retire from the Sloane gang, or does he just get nastier?).

1 Like

Imagining Antheia Pansofia getting killed off:

“What the hell? I just got here”

2 Likes

Elmore tries to say the same thing, but no one cares about him :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Who are these people? I don’t really know any of them influencing story line.

Let us vote for Wendy, Nick or Max. Or what’s the point of killing noname tokens that are not real characters of Gommorra?

2 Likes

Of all these dudes, Makiao Kaleo has influenced the story the most, I believe. And Angélica Espinosa shot Roderic Byre. Irving and Smiling Tom were mentioned. I don’t think any of the others have ever been involved in any of the fiction stories.

Drew is the guy who invented QUATERMAN, and featured in that story. Still not a major player though.

1 Like

Silas Aims was involved in the early Sloane fictions, Rémy Lapointe had his own story, and Bobo was mentioned briefly early on.

So out of 20 dudes, only 12 will survive. Ouch!

…I have a feeling Morgan is going to get severely trashed, if they continue their ‘place well but don’t win’ streak.

Will echo that the selection is slightly disappointing, few of these folks have really been represented storywise, though some of them are interesting (smiling tom). Not a ton of folks I’ll really miss if they get nuked, particularly the drifters.

Yshouldn’t a second dude be dead by now? The second tournament has took place, right?

Oh, wow, Steve, got used to him hanging around in my opponents posse every day by now…

well, since i can’t make it to any tournament anyway i was hoping by myself that super experienced players in Gomorra like Wendy and Dave, who even survived the storm (at least Wendy i know) can’t just die by tournament-fate, yet ^^"
I want to lure people in to try out the game with Wendy on the cover and not tell them afterwards, yeah, there’s also a cool storyline, btw. she looks like a super though fighter, but well, she’s dead already :wink:

But i understand that it would make things much more tense for people actually playing :smile:

Actually there’s still some people on the list that i wouldn’t want to die :smiley:
Results yet?