Apologies I wasn’t able to keep this updated all day. @Harlath is our new European Champion playing Morgan regulators
So what’s it gonna be bub? Also congrats.
Here’s the decklist and my event report for my top 4 Full Moon Brotherhood hex deck.
Congratulations Harlath! Let us know the story choice! I hear it was 2 very different Regulators decks in the finals, curious to see how this affects the tournament season.
Here is my version. The action suite is actually pretty similar between myself and harlath even if we are running different dudes. I 've also done a tournament report
Congrats Rob and Dave! Edinburgh’s a tough school.
Cheers! Steve made the T8 too playing Des Row Hucksters. A product of Friday night matches tending towards bonkers tournament decks all the time… should perhaps institute some sort of detente and theme deck approach.
Always good to head to a different environment and play decks from other metas.
I was weak and did not regulate.
We should probably tone it down for the rest of the epitaph season…
But you played Sloane, so who’s the real winner here? (Answer: not you, sadly.)
Thanks for the reports at the deck description my dudes. I’m surprised how since MCC Regs horse decks are expected in the meta, not more people played Headlines of their own.
Thanks for checking in, always great to have your observations. Cheers for creating such a rich environment.
I was pleased to see a wide variety of decks in the top 8, even if the final was Regulator on Regulator. Also interesting to see three Full Moon Brotherhood - almost none of these showed up in the last few Sheriffs - perhaps people just took time to get to grips with it? This then has intriguing knock-on effects: do people stop playing Jake Smiley? Or perhaps weaken their draw structure to build in an alternative start (as one Edinburgh player wisely did)?
I’ve not filed my report yet, but my opponent in R2 (Chris) was packing lots of headlines, he used both Siege of the Orphanage and An Accidental Reunion during our match-up.
- I saw quite a lot of people using Faithful Hound and Sammy Cooke to gobble up/steal horses. However, even then it was perhaps a little hard for them to keep up with Maggie Harris - you’re probably spending more GR than your opponent and not seeing as much horse hate as they can pump out horses.
- Other players had tried to meta against cavalry by using their own Horses - I had significant success with Law Dogs 3,8,K and using Pedro during testing. It gave me lots of cheap horses to boost my rank and eat casualties while I chipped away at the Morgan deck’s dudes with Shotguns/Point Blank.
- I suspect that many of the players using high value spell decks were put off using their own headlines by a justified fear that they would lose low-ball to the horse deck and be left with dead cards in their hand. The horse deck would generally be a lower value deck than the spell deck (two of which were in the T4).
- We debated putting together an anti-horse hate deck (with A Fight They’ll Never Forget and low values) in the Edinburgh group, but shamefully decided on a “if you can’t beat 'em, join 'em” approach for two of three of us.
- I think the upcoming Shan Fan Showdown from Epitaph will help against horse hand rank boosts as a react speed Headline that stops hand rank boosts.
I also had a Regulators deck, but thought it would be taking the piss to all rock up and Regulate.
I would add that I’m only playing call the cavalry to stop others playing accidental reunion or other headlines. I’m only playing four horses so I think the most I got out of it was two ranks and frequently only one.
I don’t think you meta call by playing headlines particularly if they don’t really help in other matchups. Attachment destruction like faithful hound and mugging are a better bet as is Sammy cooke.
Nah, not that. I mostly meant that you should play a Headline, over a different shootout action, if it would still work with your shootout style. Or hell, just play No Funny Stuff to screw with everyone
I just wanted to say how awesome you guys are, all of the Top 8 write-ups on dtdb are very detailed reports! Proves that tournament reports are not a thing of the past!
Why did you congratulate the top 8? Now I’ll have to do mine.
I’ll be sure to add it when we link them all for the article, waiting on @Harlath report unless I missed it.
For shame, you have not missed anything.
I needed to write monthly reports today (professional calendar has no respect for my Doomtown commitments) but I’ve completed those and will head home soon, aiming to upload my report to dtdb tonight and drop a link here. Yesterday was spent travelling home/sleeping…