No Turning Back - Scoop Hound

TBH, I think it makes sense, the card says: enters play and joins the posse, I think a ruling is good.

1 Like

But what about “Boot a dude and their attached cards”? How is this different?

This is a good question, possibly “enters play and joins a posse” is considered to be one action, and since one part of it is prevented, the whole action becomes illegal to play.

Tbh the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Bio-Charged Neutralizer should protect from Unprepared being used on a dude with B-CN.

Why? What’s the reasoning?
BCN only protects itself, not the wearer (just the opposite of Telepathy Helmet and Peacemaker).

We cannot play Abomination using Rising Hell since joining a posse is prevented.So we shouldn’t be able to use Unprepared on a dude that has an item that prevents cerain ability to be used on it.
Edit same goes for QM and Unprepared since you cannot boot it you should’t be able to use Unprepared on it.

Are you taking into accout the errata to Unprepared? The requirement is just “choose a dude”, you can choose Quaterman, no problems here.

Eh." Enters play and joins a posse", why Abomination cannot enter play? As it cannot join a posse. So “boot a dude and their attached cards” is exactly the same. If you cannot boot one of the cards you shouldn’t be able to do any of it. Following the logic of the ruling. BTw Unprepared could be played, but with empty effects just like Raising Hell.

1 Like

Tbh the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Bio-Charged Neutralizer should protect from Unprepared being used on a dude with B-CN.

Doomtown should not be played by quatermen. So don’t think more with your mind, feel it by your heart.

1 Like

Kaptain O explains the difference between “and” in Raising Hell and “and” in Unprepared on the rules forum.

Unprepared says: [do X and do Y]. Raising Hell says [do X&Y].

As I understand it, Raising Hell’s wording uses an outdated template, a newer version of which is used on Clown Carriage, which says “Play an Abomination into your posse”.

Same as Pinto and Walk the Path: Pinto doesn’t actually move the dude if they’re already in the location of the shootout (relevant for Quaterman and Recursive Motion Machine). Same effect, two different ways to phrase it.

1 Like

Ok the way he explained it makes sense, but the card could be worded much better.

1 Like