Multi-player (Q2) - Definition of "your shooter" when collaborating

Continuing from the prior discussion of “your dude” and “your posse” (Multi-player (Q1) - Definition of "your" when collaborating) in relation to Outgunned:

“Resolution: If your posse has a higher total bullet rating than the opposing posse, boot your shooter to increase your hand rank by two.”

The previous thread clarified that “your dude” are dudes you control and “your posse” is a posse in which you are the leader/mark and/or have third-party dudes collaborating in.

So who is “your shooter”?

Can I play Outgunned as a third-party collaborator if my leader/mark ally chooses their dude as the shooter?

In short: Does the leader/mark “control” the shooter, or does the posse collectively “control” the shooter (as they do the draw hand)?

Going to refer to Orange for review, as I believe he’s taking on the official role in PBE for multiplayer rules (hence his response in previous thread).

Seen and under review.

This seems to be at least partly addressed by AEG’s multiplayer rules: Rules · DoomtownDB

A clever reader would infer that the rules for “your posse” should also extend to “your shooter” as well, but I will leave David to give the official answer.

Also, the ruling given here seems wrong: Multi-player (Q1) - Definition of "your" when collaborating

If you don’t control the posse (i.e. if you are sending dudes to join another player’s posse), you should not be able to play effects that refer to “your posse”.

David, does your ruling in the previous thread suggest a change to AEG’s multiplayer rules? It seems under AEG’s rules, it is pretty clear that a third-party player would not be allowed to play Outgunned in a shootout as a third party participant (to use the example given in the last thread).

This is the part of AEG’s rules that I am asking if you are changing. Your ruling goes completely counter to the AEG multiplayer rules:

Effects that refer to “your posse” can only be played by either the leader or the mark i.e. the players who have a posse. Third party players do not have a posse and so cannot play such cards.

Thank you for the followup. The quoted passage is correct, but was not part of AEG’s original printed rules nor the current PBE rules (Which currently do not support multiplayer - look for that update soon). I’ll repeat here for clarity:

Effects that refer to “your posse” can only be played by either the leader or the mark i.e. the players who have a posse. >Third party players do not have a posse and so cannot play such cards.

To answer the OP: The Leader/Mark controls the shooter and thus a third-party can NOT play Outgunned or other cards that refer to ‘your posse’ or ‘your shooter.’

That’s correct, that rule was not in the rulebook that shipped with the base set, but was added in their Revised Rulebook which included several rules changes and clarifications, the most significant of which were the timing clarifications for React windows.

These rulebook updates were pretty highly publicized within the community so I’m very surprised, shocked even, to learn that PBE completely missed them or were otherwise not aware of their existence.

EDIT: Removed nonconstructive snark

This was an oversight in following up with supporting multiplayer that I’m glad we were able to address. I’m very much looking forward to trying Knockout in the Bike Rally event and getting community feedback on other variations of play!