Name A Card: USA & UK Story Prize Round-Ups

The upcoming events feature prizes that effect upcoming Doomtown cards!

UK

Doomtown Dragonmeet Deputy Draw – Peacekeeper Series Special
A Doomtown Peacekeeper Series event whereby players get the opportunity to make heroes of their favourite Law Dogs, and the occasional heroic sacrifice! There’s a chance to win the superb season mat as well, of course.
And in addition, we have some very special prizes exclusive to the Dragonmeet event! A mat from the World Championships in Tombstone, Arizona, has been donated to the cause. But it does not end there! The winner of this event also gets to choose a faction for a new Deputy! Will the heroes of the Weird West offer unlikely reinforcements to the Law Dogs? Or maybe someone wears a tin star for all of the wrong reasons. . .
Come play, have your say and choose their fates!

Nov 30
DragonMeet: Con Name A Faction to Gain A Deputy
Russell Smith
projectshadowlondon@gmail.com
Hammersmith International Ctre 1, Shortlands, London W6 8DR
Convention

Facebook Event

USA

As announced at European Worlds last year, London and Portland would both receive Name A Card events as rewards for having the regions with the most backers during the There Comes A Reckoning Kickstarter. While David Woof won the London event and chose Rock Woofstone, an Anarchist appearing in the next expansion, Hell’s Comin’ With Me, Portland had not yet launched there event. The following are the details for the upcoming round-up!

January 25, 2020 @10am
Guardian Games
345 SE Taylor St, Portland, OR 97214
(503) 238-4000

Facebook Event

4 Likes

…doesn’t this allow for infinite loops if two players in multiplayer have him out?

1 Like

Sure.

To what end?

2 Likes

I think I’d be more concerned about this card leading to stall strategies. If a player has accumulated a decent amount of ghost rock, they can waste several minutes having him enter and leave places. Yes, the opponent gets money, but if they have nothing to spend it on and there are 5 minutes left in the game, that’s not an issue.

As for an infinite loop between two players each with their own copies of this card, my first thought (as a programmer) was that he’d probably be a key component to someday making Doomtown turing complete, like Magic!

Oh, and I find it kind of amusing that he can also visit saloons out of town as well! Well, at least one of them.